Where you stand on the political compass..

Taliesin said:
Here is the distribution of posters whose information is currently available. I have circled my own dot out of unalloyed egotism.

It's confirmed, CFC is Commieland :p
Cool graph.

PS: Russian TV was joking when he said that he scored 10,10

Not just that....but a Libertarian Commieland! Which sounds like a civil war upon oneself....

Commies are the upper-left, so this is anti-Commie-land...

And I'll just take it again, with all on ideology. :yeah:

And here's the result:

Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.41

Better red than dead! :yeah:

Holy...I look like a moderate rightie compared to everyone else!

Aphex_Twin said:
I can't believe I'm farther right than luiz :hmm:

Yeah, no joke. I was expecting him to be near my economic score of 9.25

The Yankee said:
Not just that....but a Libertarian Commieland! Which sounds like a civil war upon oneself....

The US would simply call it "Liberal" or perhaps "Green" to match the party. In Europe, it would be "Social Democratic."

luiz said:
It's confirmed, CFC is Commieland :p
You haven't seen the last results in the German Civ forums (January 2005). ;)

The funny thing is that all of those who are considered to be conserative or even fascist (and vote for the corresponding parties!) landed in the left-libertarian corner (or were at the border line).

Attachments

• gwf-compass.gif
    gwf-compass.gif
    94.3 KB · Views: 346
Yea, but we have professional anarchist northking, so even if 95% of them end up in liberal land, none are extreme.

Here's the graph with a linear regression. r^2 = 0.26

And in ******ed (laymen's) terms? :confused:

It would be the average spectrum of views amongst those that reported their scores.

That line of best fit shows the relation between a person's score on the economic axis and their score on the social axis. It is clear that, on average, a right shift of 5 points on the economic axis will correspond to an upward shift of 2 points on the social axis (so right-wingers economically speaking are more likely to be more authoritarian in this sample).

r is a measure of how well the line fits the data (with 1 being a perfect fit and 0 being worthless), and r^2 measures how important one variable is in determining the other. This result shows that 26% of one's score on the social axis can be accounted for or predicted by one's economic score, and this is a pretty large value. Hence, among CFCers, economic attitudes are generally a pretty good indicator of social attitudes (on average).

Oh come on, 5.88 right/3.14 auth and I'm one of the extremest right wingers here ?
Jeez ... what would that have been if I wasn't an atheist and didn't answer strongly disagree to those god questions :o

North King said:
I wouldn't take the score for granted, though, I support the free market, actually. I just don't support at all large corporations in any way, shape, or form, I'm for localized businesses. Hence, probably less left than that suggests.
Same goes for me.

I got the score of
Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00

But I don't think I'm that left economically. In Finland, for example, I think that small enterprises shouldn't pay so much taxes so there could be other succesful corporations here than just the big ones.

Colonel said:
I wonder if I can claim the Farthest lefty Commie here aswell.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

EDIT: Other then NK who hasnt taken the test I can claim the title King of The Commies on CFC

I took the test the day before the thread was posted, I think my scores are accurate. :rolleyes:

:p

luiz said:
PS: Russian TV was joking when he said that he scored 10,10

I actually purposely tried to get 10, 10 for fun but was not able to. The best I did was something like 8.75, 8.46 even when I said "Strongly Agree" for racist policies, genocide, and police states. I think it might be impossible to score a perfect 10, 10 unless you're a long lost clone of Hitler. I imagine that a nation with 10, 10 would be a nightmarish corporate police state with zero worker rights, rampant racism, and state sponsored genocide and euthanasia.

Well, Hitler was actually around 1,10 on this compass... Not such a right-winger, just a heck of an authoritarian.

hahaha I am King Commie here hahahaha

Milan's Warrior said:
I don't agree. Yes there are tons of useless arguments, but without a multi-party system you can't represent the different preferences of heterogenous societies; therefore IMO, answering yes is clearly autoritarian.
You've entirely missed my point. Anyone who supports the notion of "checks and balances" could recognize the delays in progress of a democracy but see this as a necessary shortcoming. Saying that such a person would, then, disagree that the one-party state has a "significant advantage" hinges on whether the person interprets the question morally, like you or Blasphemous (i.e. it isn't "real" progress), or logically (i.e. it may not be what I'd prefer, but I am compelled to admit that it is a significant advantage). So, by your logic, such a person is "clearly authoritarian"; this is incorrect.

Top Bottom