1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Where'd the old players go?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Fish Man, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Seraiel

Seraiel Chieftain

We live eternally, just to say hi ;D .

Tbh, I left CIV4 because I found a strategy that just ridicuoled the game, I called it "The Worker Tactic" , I think I told it to a few HoFer's ;D . So for you all, in order to win in CIV4 on Deity, just send a normal Worker with your attacking troops and then allow yourself the following :D :

Move in the combat-troops to find out which enemy units are there. Then move the Worker in a position where the Worker, I will now say he, because it's the best unit truely, is inside the cultural borders of the enemy but where no enemy can reach him in 1 turn. You can do this if the enemy has 20% culture and 1-move-units and no roads for example. What happened on mine and Pangaea's PC then was, that the AI will go for self-kill-mode and move as many units as possible to catch him, while mine and your own troops simply stand in the way and farm them before they reach him.
    Do that many times, until the city you want has 1-2-3 defenders, then go for the capture.
    Do the whole game, and 80% of the fights will be open-field.
    Be intelligent, move your units in the forrests or on the hills and leave only the flatland for the enemy trying to, which simply isn't possible if you act intelligent.

Happy "intelligent-playing" for everybody, if you seek good games, I'll probably play Crowfall and Camelot Unchained, just like my friend Lymon wrote.

Hereby all the best to you,

Seraiel

gavenkoa, Major Tom, lymond and 3 others like this.
  2. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Nice of you to drop by @Seraiel ! Stumbled upon your profile yesterday and wondered where you had gone. Quite a coincidence!
    In case you fall back into the shadows again, I just want to say thank you so much for all your thoughtful posts that are scattered everywhere on the forums.

3. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Hey Seraiel, hope you are doing well! :hug:

I've looked into the Worker bait thing before.
    It works really well in Civ 4 vanilla, but not nearly as well in BTS.

The Worker does draw out troops out of a city over a few turns sometimes, but other times the defenders ignore the Worker completely. :hmm:
    Also, when there are attackers close to the city, the defenders tend to ignore the Worker, and only chase the Worker if there are no attackers nearby.

Unless the strategy can be made more reliable, I'm not sure Worker bait will really catch on since they are so expensive in the early game.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    gavenkoa and krikav like this.
  4. Fish Man

Fish Man Chieftain

Hey thanks for dropping by @Seraiel ! I feel honored that you’d come around to comment on here, even if for a bit. Just wanted to say I really appreciate your guides and HOF playthroughs, to the point where I’ve been inspired to do similar (fastest deity space for me was 1200s AD marathon on an old NC map, not even close to your and @Kaitzilla ’s times but it felt good to take a shot at it). Besides that, your accumulated advice along with some others have pushed me along from a lowly noble player to regularly winning on deity. Hope you’re doing well these days.

krikav likes this.