Wherefore art thou Terraforming?

Originally posted by Patchmaster
Forest suffers from polution just like all the other terrain types. I've seen it way too many times. It takes a lot of workers to clean it up too.

Pollution I know..he was asking about global warming effects on forest squares. You know..jungle to grasslands..grasslands to desert..blah blah blah. That I have never seen.

I dont think it should be possible to terraform Mountains, but hills should be able to go to plains.

Also, If you irrigate a dessert you should be able to plant forest on it, then when it gets cut down it becomes plains.

It would take a long time but at least it would be logical.

I've seen forests turn into grasslands. I think grasslands turn into plains and plains into desert, with the chance of a change increasing at each level (i.e. it's more likely for plains to turn into desert than grassland into plains) - though maybe not. Anyway, planting forests can be a good strategy for preventing global warming because the global warming will simply claim the forest, rather than irrevocably altering the terrain.

I'm not fond of the lack of this feature either....

I'd toss it in the list of things that killed my Technocrat strategy... and I won't babble too much about that since it has its own topic in the strat section.

The lack of terraforming really makes it impossible to put cities in some areas, bands of mountains, and jungles that are so deep that it's impractical to clear them... it really makes colonies neccissary... and I guess that's the way they wanted it....

I'd much rather build cities and terraform, personally

Top Bottom