Where's my nuke?

Bierp

Chieftain
So I'm finally approaching the end of a game. No new Civ release is complete without at least testing a nuke on some poor, unsuspecting SOB.

I built my nuke and my resource bar at the top shows a 1 next to nuclear device. ...but where the heck did it go?

I can't see it on a unit list, I can't spot it and so far as I can tell it didn't migrate to an airfield.

So how do I access it? I'm sure I can make a nuclear sub or a jet bomber or something, but is it just 'invisible' until then? Am I missing a mechanic?

Input plz.

Thanks.

i haven't launched one yet, but i got two in the hopper somewhere...i noticed on stealth bombers and nuclear subs....there is a launch option.

You can launch nukes in several ways-

Firstly, build a missile silo in your borders with a military engineer. This tile improvement has a big red button which launches the nuke some tiles away.

Secondly, with bomber planes. You can move these around to the edge cities and launch from them. Again, max tile reach applies.

Thirdly, with either nuclear submarines, or missile cruisers. Or both. Can't remember. These have the benefit of being able to move close to other civs. Can of course build an aircraft carrier for bombers too (again, I think. I've probably built about 2 ships so far in 100 hours of Civ 6)

The nukes act as a resource and don't need to be moved to specific launch areas. Any missile silo/bomber/ship can launch a nuke as long as you have nukes in your inventory.

I just used nukes for the first time today. I was confused like you, but then when I built my first nuclear silo I realized what was going on, and oh my god nukes are ridiculous. With 1 uranium being enough to build unlimited nukes, a wide empire with a lot of production can build a lot of nuclear missiles very quickly, and these things are ridiculously powerful. One nuke rips a city to 1 health, and contaminates the hexes around the city. A thermonuclear device contaminates all the hexes two tiles away from the city, lowers the city to 1 population, and it stays there for a good 15 or 20 turns or so unless you clean it up with a worker, and all units take 50 damage per turn in contaminated areas (I even lost a great general this way). There are no bomb shelters either.

If you go nuclear war, there's no going back in civ VI. It's insanely devastating. I conquered Greece easily (my own nukes providing more resistance than Greece's destroyed armies), then decided to use thermonuclear devices on all of Spain's cities because they declared a war of territorial expansion after I took out Greece, then I stopped (I was playing with all victory conditions off).

Top Bottom