where's the armies

hi guys I was curious if there was a way to put armies in civ4 the way it was in civ3 that is the one feature that I miss most in civ4just curious :confused:

See Dale's Combat mod... IIRC, it does stacked unit combat. You'll have to research if it works w/ BTS or not...

I know!

Play CivIII.:p

hi guys I was curious if there was a way to put armies in civ4 the way it was in civ3 that is the one feature that I miss most in civ4just curious :confused:

Get Warlords or BTS. They both feature the Great General, which works similar to the Army.

not in my opinion when the general made an army you merged 3 units into one (4 with pentagon )making a super unit. to balane this the number of armies were linked to number of cities and your unit that generated the "general" had to have alot of experience which is the big difference between the gereral and the warlord

not in my opinion when the general made an army you merged 3 units into one (4 with pentagon )making a super unit. to balane this the number of armies were linked to number of cities and your unit that generated the "general" had to have alot of experience which is the big difference between the gereral and the warlord

Let us not forget that the AI in CivIII never did quite learn just what an army was and what to do with it.

I remember armies, they were a good thing. I think now it's replaced by big stashes of units. IF re-established, should Generals be great people and armies be more powerful than the sum of their units?

Top Bottom