Which Affinity do you think you'll try first? (the unimformed gut reaction edition)

Which one are you looking forward to?

• Harmony

Votes: 86 30.1%
  • Purity

Votes: 91 31.8%
  • Supremacy

Votes: 78 27.3%
  • idk its 2 soon 2 tell

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters
Liberating Earth sounds cool. I hope we get to command those units to actually blitz some stylized Earth map.

Honestly I'd try all 3.

I would go with Purity. I have no desire to join the aliens or become a "transcendent" being.

Actually scratch that, it doesn't matter, I'm only going for the domination victory anyway. :p

I want to go purity, sit in a nice fort city, form a nice fort nation, and use the threat of aliens to keep society united and peaceful with eachother.

Interesting how most people are voting based on what they want to roleplay as, whereas I also enjoy doing that but care more for which affinity will be the most fun to wage wars with.
For that reason I voted supremacy, because it's apparently optimized for tactical warfare which will make for the most engaging gameplay I imagine. In contrast Purity seems almost boring with it's more familiar straightforward units, while Harmony at least appeals to the 'right side' of my brain as it seems the most imaginative with it's use of the extraterrestrials and even improving them to suit Harmony's needs.

While I suspect a little roleplaying will be involved, I don't think I'll start that way (and I think I can successfully roleplay all three). In order to do that, you have to have some idea where you're going.

I don't think I've ever successfully completed the first game I've played of Civilization and I don't expect this to be any different.

:salute: supremacy all hail :salute:

I always go for a domination victory anyway, plus the idea of "emancipating earth"... :crazyeye:

My idea of purity is similar to the Enclave from Fallout 2. Never compromising on beliefs, and will destroy anything that doesn't quite fit. This will be fun :groucho:

Liberating Earth sounds cool. I hope we get to command those units to actually blitz some stylized Earth map.

Honestly I'd try all 3.

I agree, it sounds cool. But in all honesty I think it will be limited to sending x amount of troops through a tile improvemnt before a time runs out. The other earth related victory which is getting refugees out would likely be defending a tile improvement for x amount of time under fire.

Perhaps am expansion would be taking over earth, but that would require running a two map game simultaneously. I wonder what state earth would be in. Would it be every time the same state, or I'm different Re nt games you get a random result. I can imagine after 5oo years earth may have fixed problems and built their own unified government making them now so easy to conquer. Imagine if they though your cbe civ5 was just a colony and send so ships to conquer you like the United earth fleet did in starcraft broowar.

Humanity all the way. Gimme dem big guns. :ar15: :sniper:
or
To liberate humanity is to save humanity. :borg: :scan: :assimilate:

I rooted for the Humans in Avatar, so Purity. It also goes with my Mantra of "[Non-repeatable Four Letter Word] Yeah Humans!"

I want to play Purity real bad; give me those flying dreadnoughts.

Supremacy is definitely what I lean to. Humans have been using technology to better themselves for the duration of their history; that's not going to change in the future.

^
What this guy said. As others here have already stated, each of the options can be seen in extremes to make it look ugly. Attempting to look at each while trying to maintain a relative amount of "ugliness", I will choose the technology option. Which of these ideas actually got us into space and to Planet? ;)

If we are talking about how they play, not enough info. If it is true they won't play the same, it all depends on what the [gameplay] differences will be. For example I like playing as Zerg in Starcraft. Partially for the aesthetics, but also I just really love the playstyle of mutating larvae to what you need instantly, making the race very reactive and flexible.

If they do go a similar route, it wouldn't mean it would need to break down the same way. Supremacy may be the zerg-ish race with millions of robots building millions more, adding modifications to their output as needed within an instant. Where as Harmony would need to invest time into super-mutants to grow and mature. Flip-flopping the playstyles of zerg/protoss.

We've heard a little bit about the military diversity of the affinities (and not much else about their diversity). Supremacy is supposed to be very tactical, taking advantage of advantageous positioning on the map. Harmony is supposed to be fast and able to make use of the environment. Purity is supposed to be tough and floating.

We've heard a little bit about the military diversity of the affinities (and not much else about their diversity). Supremacy is supposed to be very tactical, taking advantage of advantageous positioning on the map. Harmony is supposed to be fast and able to make use of the environment. Purity is supposed to be tough and floating.

The humans would need to be very tough to take on super-powerful robots. IMO.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The humans would need to be very tough to take on super-powerful robots. IMO.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tanks have humans in them, and they are pretty tough.

Supremacy is supposed to be very tactical, taking advantage of advantageous positioning on the map. Harmony is supposed to be fast and able to make use of the environment. Purity is supposed to be tough and floating.

I'm not sure if that could be any more vague :lol:

Maybe it means Purity = higher mobility in air; Harmony = higher mobility on ground; Supremacy = slower mobility but stronger holding positions?

Top Bottom