Which AI Civs are decimating the others?

jpinard

Martian
I'm talking about AI Civs that gobble up the other Civs & city-states.

So far I know Catherine of Russia is a beast, and I have a feeling China might be overpowered with their paper maker later in the game (but in my game with her she did terrible). Is there a concensus on the others?

It seems to be based around when a civ reaches "critical-mass", the point where they just grow stronger and stronger.

Wu Zetian, around the time she gets her Cho-Ko-Nu.

Harun Al-Rashid, no clue but if left unchecked he will gobble the entire continent unless he is next to an ultra war civ.

Catherine, with her resources doubled.

Ramessess, takes sometime, if he gets the time needed he will start growing exponantially.

Thusfar the ones i found in my games.

I'm talking about AI Civs that gobble up the other Civs & city-states.

So far I know Catherine of Russia is a beast, and I have a feeling China might be overpowered with their paper maker later in the game (but in my game with her she did terrible). Is there a concensus on the others?

Darius in every single game of mine so far. Unless I personally kill him.

Personaly, in my "Large Map" Warlord dificulty games, i find the following the most warlike and destructive:

Bismark of Germany took over much of Egupt, India and a few city states, but only managed to wipe out England.

Persia declared war on me, and promptly was decimated by my army, and when i went in for a counter attack i noticed that they had ALOT of puppeted citys.

Ceasar of Rome was at war with Germany for a loooong time, and had taken over Singapore (I think). In addition, they ended up killing the last of India.

England attempted to declare war on Germany, but as stated above, it didnt go well.

I was playing as Washington of America at the time, and only had real trouble with Rome.
Damned Balistas.

On the TSL - Huge map: Wu Zetian Steam Rolls everyone unless Darrius gets the Steam Roller going first.

Arabia, Arabia and Arabians and their extreme economic advantages often wipe out everyone

I think that every civ, in the right conditions, can become a superpower.
I didn't play a lot of matches, but I have seen several civs expanding with war at the expenses of other civs and city states.

Japan and Russia are usually quite strong but in my last game even the Iroquois became a superpower and only my intervention stopped them.

Russia and Rome.THose are the beasts on the higher difficulties.Arabia is close third but they perform very poorly earlygame and often become food for the massive horseman/legion blobs those two put out.

Any leader that prefers to get troops instead of something else will be favoured in civ V as it is now.

You can get what AI leaders will get better just basing on this ...

There are a few civs who never seem to rise to power though.
Gandhi being the most obvious one, poor guy is nothing more then a small roadbump

I've never actually seen Catherine do really well yet... But she always seems to start close to me, and ends up dying very quickly to 3 or 4 horsemen to the face.

I usually play continents games, and so far the most common people I see as 'last man standing' on the other continent are Japan, Rome, and China... Especially Japan. The way the computer uses its troops (not understanding the complexities of swapping out troops to let them heal) means that Japan's trait is a big advantage against other AIs.

Oda. In the Samurai era he's wrecking everyone. For some reason Wu never gets off the ground with me, but I fear the crossbow.

I must have a Gandhi doppelganger in my copy of Civ V. In several games on Prince difficulty across different map scripts, I've seen Gandhi become the epitome of a warmonger. In a recent Terra game, Gandhi had conquered sever city-states most of the cities Darius had, and was trying to get me into a war with Alexander. In my personal experience, Gandhi will become the "steam roller" in about 40% of the games he shows up in.

Bismark, Catherine, and Elizabeth seem to be fairly predictable as far as taking over their immediate neighbors in every game they're in. Askia, Ramkhamhaeng, Wu Zetian, and Suleiman seem to go either way in my games and the rest of the other leaders are hit or miss most of the time.

Any leader that prefers to get troops instead of something else will be favoured in civ V as it is now.

You can get what AI leaders will get better just basing on this ...

Agreed. Any power that can create an army and, even with a small victory, can win a big city diplomatic hand-over are the threats. I enjoy watching ai-ai wars and with just a loss of one city will give most of their cities to their foe!

But in general Russia, Japan and Siam are the real power houses in my games on King. India, China and America always get screwed.

The game heavily favors war in it's current state....:sad:

I have had the biggest trouble with China so far. Wu Zetian was absolutely a beast in my last game and I warred with her for EVER until their were no other civs left and game ended in 2050... I barely won... I didn't even want to be aggressive in that game but she brought out my claws...

That was my first game in KING though so perhaps that had something to do with it.

On turn 499, I sent 6 a bombs and 2 nukes at her. It was the only way I survived...

;)

Top Bottom