[GS] Which AI mod is the best?

I believe AI+ isn't being updated anymore, so I'd recommend using Real Strategy.

Smoother difficulty looks interesting (I might give it a try myself) but do note that it's last update was in 2019, so it hasn't been updated with NFP. Whether or not that's an issue, I don't know. It might be, it might not be.

What changed in NFP?

The addition of the new game modes, as well as some content (e.g. Preserve, Diplomatic Quarter, some units) and balance patches.

Enough that it may break gameplay mods, but not enough to say for certain that it will break gameplay mods.

The addition of the new game modes, as well as some content (e.g. Preserve, Diplomatic Quarter, some units) and balance patches.

Enough that it may break gameplay mods, but not enough to say for certain that it will break gameplay mods.

Interestingly if you bought the expansions some of that content is still there if you play the basic game. The diplomatic district, preserves, resources like maize and honey, new city states, natural wonders, units.

It seems like map features are universal while gameplay mechanics are not. For me this is great because while I love the concept behind things like loyalty and era score the execution ruins the game for me

AI+ may no longer be compatible with NFP although it was updated to work with GS. I remember using it with rise and fall and made the AI more aggressive.

Real Strategy gives the AI a lot more variety then the base game and stops them spamming science all the time. They settle more cities and don't spam early game wonders that aren't optimal for them as much.

Smoother Difficulty is pretty good if you get annoyed by the early game being samey on the higher levels. Dags difficulty Mod is also worth looking it. It removes the bonuses but gives the AI bonuses to district agencies and towards buildings if you want a more natural difficulty progression.

With all the mods there are limited in what they can achieve without the dll though.

Top Bottom