Which AI personality annoys you the most?

Vathris

Chieftain
This might not be the first thread of its kind, but...

Which AI do you find most annoying in general?

For me it's a toss up between Alexander and Augustus, with Washington close on their heels for third place.

Alexander acts like such a pissy brat, the lines Firaxis game him to say do not help, his spontaneous declarations of war and hyper-aggressive behavior make him the schoolyard bully of this game. Plus he kinda looks like Ken from the Barbie line.

Augustus has backstabbed me so many times it puts Brutus to shame. First he declares war on me when I'm engaged against someone else (most likely Alexander) and when I finally manage to beat back his offensive he goes all "Friendly" and falls over himself offering Declarations of Friendship. The declaration is signed, and as soon as I get into another war he again attacks me on the other side of the map. I just cannot trust him with anything and I am forced to exterminate him despite my usually peaceful playstyle. A true master of reinterpreting supposed friendships.

As for Washington, it's always the same story. I'm off picking cotton in my small peaceful empire and he shows up and states "Your wanton aggression leaves me no choice..." and then attacks me in an expansionist frenzy. Kinda like real life? (jk :D)

I also get really ticked off when any AI starts bringing a settler close to my empire, and I'm like "Don't you it, you son of a..." and then he plants a city in a craptastic location right in the middle of my empire. Again, I'm usually a peaceful guy, but I will wipe you out if you do that. :mad:

Alright, your turn. (What AI or AI antics do you hate the most?)

Bismark and Augustus. they vex me more than the others. plenty are irrational and random, but they seem to be in my games more than any other civ when the settings are random civs.

i also play as babylon often, but when i dont and babylon is one of my opponents it's always a little off-putting. he isnt pleasant to deal with either.

I would say Alexander, Elisabeth and Gandhi. Occasionally Ramses too if I'm building wonders.

As for Alexander, the reasons are listed up pretty well. He has never been friendly to me and he always tries to DOW as many civs as possible with little success. In most of my games he ends up being a citystate that owns 1-2 cities (definitely not Athens and Sparta) on some location full of desert or tundra since he gets wiped off by other AIs. He still keeps yelling his inslults to me from there though. He is too irritating to be forgotten but also too puny for me to bother to destroy him.

Elisabeth is also somebody that I'm never able to please. Usually I don't meet her until quite late in the game and then she turns out to be hostile almost immediately. Unlike Alexander, she usually manages to build a quite succesful empire with a few puppeted cities.

The reason for me to dislike Gandhi is his overly peaceful way of speaking. He is always mad at me since there are few games where I don't DOW any AI civs and keeps insulting me a lot despite of having only 1-3 cities himself. Usually I see him getting wiped out by the other civs as well but he always manages to build a group of cities to some forgotten place where nobody cares about him. Nobody except me, since I have to see his constant insults. Just like Alexander he would be of no use due to his puny performance even if he was friendly though, as he usually has no incomes to buy my luxuries.

That's about it for me.. Ramses only annoys me if I build a lot of wonders and get him angry. By the way, he is also one of those that tends to get wiped off by the other AI civs. I wonder why it's always Greece, Germany, India, Egypt and Monoglia that always end up having very little amount of cities or even destroyed by the other AIs.

Elisabeth and Alexander. Elisabeth can never be pleased and likes to backstab me. Alexander god, wish I could have a stable friendship with him for once. On high levels Deity/immortal I almost always try to bribe him into war or others into war with him. Alexander is so hyper aggresive it isnt funny.

Whichever AI(s) are my closest neighbors in that game.
Especially those that like to do the "pretend friendship" thing or "desperation DOW" thing.

China. I hate her. She is such, a stuck up little brat who can't prove crap on the battlefield.
After her, I'd say Monty, but he is quite enjoyable when he gets way over his ahead and says he's afraid of me.

The Ottomans. I always get DoWed by them early on, even though they never actually do any damage. They're attempting to be opportunistic early on, but it never seems to work out for them.

Washington Hey I am a person who hates warmongers but also conqueres a lot of cities or worse my hole continent :)

Same with Siam You are a warmonger but siam dude you just killed the ottomans :(

Ghandi because in one game I was friendly with him, returned his worker, and generally didn't do anything to tick him off, then he nuked the tar out of me in the name of victory!

Ghandi has a low flavour for victory, but his flavour for nukes is so overwhelming that he, evidently, made an exception.

I won that game, exactly one turn before losing my capital to him.

Other civs might lead you on only to backstab you later, but Civ 5's Ghandi is the only guy with the patience to wait 6000 years before doing so.

Ramses wins the silver because of his runaway AI tendency. I've played about 3 continents games, and in 2 of them he took over an entire continent of AIs. On the plus side, he only had about a hundred million happiness after doing so.

I think every AI is more detestable than the others : insults, denounces, declarations of war, over expanding (inside your territory included...)... every bit of AI is detestable and deserves to be killed. The disappointing thing being that they do not suffer the death they deserve : we should definitely be able to "finish them" by pushing a button, influencing our reputation and some other AIs behaviors. In the state, there is too little satisfaction to kill AIs compared to the constant annoyance and offense that they all are.

On the same note, I really insist on the fact to be able to establish a reputation through time : if you keep your promises ("you will pay for this"), enemies would fear you if you threat them.

Also, I'm nothing that the Civ1/2 problem of "this AI settles in my territory" is back, whether there are borders. Probably due to the absence of distance from capital hit, and to the fact that cities are more spaced and less regularly dispatched. A good proof that borders are useless.

They all sometimes act the same, but Elizabeth and Bismarck hate me the most.

Babylon annoys me the most because of his walls of Babylon. They make it so much harder to take him out early on.

Elizabeth.
Basically never friendly, and always an annoyance to deal with.

I also really dislike the Civs who buy out every single city state, particularly when it's too early on for me to be able to afford to compete. Then i have them and every nearby city state to deal with in war :/
Greece loves to do this, France too.

Elizabeth.
Basically never friendly, and always an annoyance to deal with.

I also really dislike the Civs who buy out every single city state, particularly when it's too early on for me to be able to afford to compete. Then i have them and every nearby city state to deal with in war :/
Greece loves to do this, France too.

Yeah or a city state sydney wich I am allied with from the beginning the game and then suddenly in the renaissance catherine spend some gold on the city states and become the ally

I steal it back because I was from me all allong in the game.

Then SHe comes to me I see you're relationships with sydney And I am like dude you just stole it from me?

Every AI that starts complaining about city state influence but steals mine can go to hell. Seriously these AI's are really hypocrites they don't want you do to bad things but they do themself :goodjob:

Recently it's been Elizabeth, who has been building the Great Wall, and then using Longbows against me from three spaces away as I slog through her territory :mad:

So last time I encountered her I rushed and wiped her out, just for the fun of it. Do I hold gudges?

+1 culturemaniac
Whoever builds the great wall.
Especially China in the Korea scenario.

One.square.at.a.tedious.time.

Still it makes paratroopers useful.

Freaking Hiawata, so many times where the idiot gets lucky and spawns on his own continent, forcing me to go for an overseas invasion, and because he always goes science without a really dumb focus (mostly meelee and siege in my experience) he's usually just behind me in army tech.
Not to mention that he looks like a moron, not even a proper Indian chief, just some random scout with bad hair.

Second definitely Cathy, queen of spam, wasted so much time cleaning up her 1 pop tundra hovels.
At least she looks nice though, and the only one with some cleavage, interesting how they turned Izzy into a supermodel but did not bother with much sex appeal, might as well have gone for a historically accurate depiction then.

Lizzy is just scary, that voice, that hair, ugh...

The Ottomans annoy me the most. They DoW from across the continent for no reason, with no chance of victory. Half the time I never see any of their units, then they ask for everything I have.

Top Bottom