Which civ deserves to be in the game most?

Which Civilization most deserves to be added?

• Byzantine

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Carthaginian

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Celtic

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Dutch

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Ethiopian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holy Roman Empire

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Incan

• Khmer

• Korean

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Malinese

• Maya

• Portuguese

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Spanish

Votes: 57 39.3%
  • Sumerian

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Viking

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Zulu

• Cherokee

• Austrian/Austria-Hugary

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sioux

• Phoenician

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Canadian

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Mexican

• Vietnamese

• Akkadian

• Tibetan

• Total voters

flyingbunnys

Warlord
Since there is a poll on the least deserving civilization, which caused debate over which should be removed, I decided to make one asking which whould be added. If you would prefer another that is not listed please post which you would add and why. Also explain why you made your selection.

I chose Zulu, even though they aren't historically on the level of many others, in the Civilization world they are a classic Civ.

"Ok start a new game... so there's my first neighbour.. crap it's Shaka!"

I'm still sad they have never included Israel as a civ (or even Jerusalem at least as city state).

The Byzantines, hands down. If it wasnt for them, nearly half the nations in the game wouldn't exist! If you have any questions, I would suggest Lars Brownworths' Lost to the West: The Forgotten Byzantine Empire that Rescued Western Civilization.

Byzantines are in the game.They are not really a civilization on its own,greeks and romans.I vote Spanish

There are so many options, but I chose for a Civ that had never been incorporated inot the game before, yet was one of the most powerful Empires of all time: My vote went to Austria.

(though I'm hoping we're gonna get some huge RAGNAROKOWNAGE anytime soon ^_^)

Russia, the virtuous nation that resisted attempts of the evil West to conquer and subdue it for numerous times, and will resist the current attempt to poison Russian culture and mentality just as easily:gripe:

The Canadians.

LOL no, I kid. I chose the Spanish.

Maya because of their advanced astronomy when compared to other nations of that time.

I'm a bit suprised that the Spanish are getting so many votes, I expected the voting to be a 3 or 4 way run for the top. I thought I was putting alot of deserving Civilizations, I could make a case that most of them should be added into the game.

Also yes voting for new ones that have not been in the game before is very welcome.

My vote was for the Phoenicians, since they discovered the alphabet tech.

I'm a bit suprised that the Spanish are getting so many votes

I'm surprised the Portuguese have no votes so far, there's a lot of interesting nations there, but the exploration stage that Spain and Portugal went through is incredibly evocative to those who crave adventure and mystery.

In those days it was the equivalent of going out into space and not knowing if you'd return, they also found incredibly advanced Civilizations and sent back news of them, again, the modern day equivalent of astronauts radio-ing back and saying they found a civilized planet.

I vote Spain.

I'm a bit suprised that the Spanish are getting so many votes, I expected the voting to be a 3 or 4 way run for the top. I thought I was putting alot of deserving Civilizations, I could make a case that most of them should be added into the game.

Also yes voting for new ones that have not been in the game before is very welcome.

My vote was for the Phoenicians, since they discovered the alphabet tech.

Spain was one of the most powerful empires in history. They controlled most of what has become the Americas. They're kind of a no-brainer.

Poland, of course :)

Seriously speaking, I voted for Spain, which in my opinion was the most important in history from the list.

Akkadian instead of Assyrian?

Anyway, I think the answer is obviously Spain. I'm hesitant to pick it, since it's guaranteed DLC anyway, so it doesn't mean much by picking them.

Spain being the most powerful empire for a while back in the day, they get my vote. however, i really feel as though sumer (i realize that babylon occupies the same territory and not too much is known about sumeria) being the first known civilization itself warrents inclusion.

I voted Viking because without them Europe would not exist.

Seriously speaking, I voted for Spain, which in my opinion was the most important in history from the list.

No U

Dutch, and the East India Company rivaled the power of Spain :)

Top Bottom