1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Civ Do you guys prefer?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by CivsCivsCivs, Apr 24, 2004.

1. CivsCivsCivs

CivsCivsCivs Chieftain

Me, personally i prefer Egypt.. which i think i told you guys earlier but.. i also prefer japan.. 5.2.2 is pretty good...

2. pond

pond Chieftain

Egypt definitely rules, their UU however is too early for me in the game. I really like them because of their culture :D. love those foreign cities flip

In my last game, i'm playing with the random chosen Romans. After a brave war against the Iroquis, i really appreciated the legionary. It helped me to destroy those Iroquois. (3 Roman cities vs. 7 Iroquios cities)

3. DragonRunner

DragonRunner Certified Band Geek

You want culture flips? Try Bablyon. The UU is just about the same, and scientific+religious=half priced temples, libraries, etc=massive culture.

Mise, what do you mean by Normal slave rates? Does China not get speed penalties for slaves?

4. citizen001

citizen001 Banned

japan is cool with militaristic and religious switching govts early without fuss. Also militaristic helps with their UU.

5. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

Me 2 years! :crazyeye:
    An 8-year-old playing civ. Now I'm about to turn 11 and now I understand it. :rolleyes:
    BTW, I like Carthage, Ottomans, Byzantines, and Persia.
    I also like America, and some others. :goodjob:

6. LLXerxes

LLXerxes Space Travel is Boring

I forgot China. Do you see a patern in my choice of Civs? :mischief:

7. JakobderLudner

JakobderLudner Chieftain

Since I only have Vanilla, I could only say that I like

1)The Germans- Kinda slow start, but I steamroll over everyone somewhere around IA. Plus Panzers are hecka fun to use.
    2) Chinese-the Rider has to be it. COmbine it with the Militaristic and Industrious trait, and you've got a Civ that can strike hard AND fast.
    3)Greeks- bags me a SPace Race victory everytime.

8. civkiller

civkiller Chieftain

I LOVE Egypt. Egupt is Religious, so temples cost only 15 shields. AND they're industrious, so they can pump out War Chariots like it's nobody's business. The GA comes at a perfect time, since only in the ancient age will you ever need a production boost.

BTW I believe I'm a Civ master, since I can "win" in Monarch. (Hint: mass production is the key)

9. Baalzebul

Baalzebul Warlord

1 Maya: Good traits, decent UU, enslavement rocks against barbarians.
    2 İroquis: Again good traits less corruption, more money & science.
    3 Ottomans: I believe they have the best UU. Build an army, put sipahis in and trash your opponents easily.

10. dmanakho

dmanakho Deity

Love: Arabs - great UU, French - Industrious and Commercial, Russians - Cossacks are superb at fishing MGLs with blitz.
    Hate - Japanese, Germans - tried to destroy them first when they have them as neighbours.

11. Xen

Xen Magister

Rome- and army of legionaries is aboutthe best one can get in the game, useful throughout the game until cavalry com eonto the seen, an din many cases, that can be over half the game!

thioer UU byitself is grand all byitself, though I modded it to make it better relect the Roman army (+ 1 hp, more expensive, dosent upgrade- but that because I find all the swoardsman UUs more useful then medieval infantry, so I prefer having the optrion)