1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which civ has the best music?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by PhloxCapacitor, Feb 3, 2015.

1. PhloxCapacitor

PhloxCapacitor Chieftain

I've played a fair number of Civ V games now, but pretty much always with the sound off.

If I were going to play one game with the sound on, which civ should I choose?

I've listened to pieces of the soundtrack, so I assume that each civ has its own musical score, which differs depending on if you are at peace or war. So does the same song just play over and over, or is there also a pool of "generic" songs that play for all civs, with the unique songs interspersed now and again?

2. ThorHammerz

ThorHammerz zzz

I think most of them are decent. I don't recall any one song that turned me off to the point of muting it, although there are a fair number that kinda just "disappears" into the background rather quickly (i.e. too quiet or otherwise not noticeable enough).

3. TheD3rp

TheD3rp Lowly Footsoldier

Pedro's Bond villain theme.

Although I'm also quite fond of Hymn to Nikkal and I Vow to Thee My Country.

Honorable mentions to Spain and Venice as well.

4. fallout3dc

fallout3dc Warlord

I like Inca's and Arabia's.

5. b7fanatix

b7fanatix Warlord

I'm rather partial to the Native American theme, eg. when playing Shoshone.

Don't think the music is Civ specific - rather, there are several playlists - Asian, European, Native American, Middle Eastern, African - and something in the config files flags which civ gets which playlist.

6. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Askia and Genghis Khan have by far the best music.

7. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

While I like playing Songhai, his music puts me off. I usually turn it off. I like Britain`s military music, although being British I play it just because it is British, I would even if the miusic was crap which the peace version is. In general most of the music in this game puts me off, especially that horrible wailing on the start screen menu of the game. Most battle music of most Civs is pretty good.

I quite like the CS` little bits of music though.

8. ArguCa

ArguCa Prince

9. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

In no particular order: Spain, England, Sweden, Arabia, with runners-up Brazil and Poland.

10. ArguCa

ArguCa Prince

You know that Spain, England Sweden and also Poland have same music?

11. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

I'm talking in regards the themes. Standard (non-theme) music tracks are all good in my opinion, though I really like the Asian ones.

12. Sedwick

Sedwick Parent, then Civ'er

13. Astennu

Astennu Warlord

Byzantium!

14. Scooter47

Scooter47 Chieftain

England war and peace themes are both awesome.
    The Zulu war music is fantastic.
    The Pedro "Bond villain" war music is another firm favourite. It's just so odd for the game yet fits so perfectly for Evil Santa. :D
    Byzantium war music.
    Carthage war music even though I hate the civ.
    Indonesia war music, sounds a bit like the Danny Elfman Batman music at certain points.
    China war music.

Sadly I still hate Rome's music.

15. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Chieftain

Shaka's war theme is my favourite. I love the Incan and Middle Eastern music too.

16. A.J.K.

A.J.K. Chieftain

I can never figure out which Civs have the same music. But my favorite is probably the one that has tribal hand drums in it, I'm pretty sure it plays as the Aztecs.

17. tat501

tat501 Warlord

Ha! I was just thinking yesterday how much Pedro's music is like a James Bond song.

I like Ottomans music, Aztecs music, I vow to Thee My country is a great song, Spains music and the Austrian music best.

18. chuckh89

chuckh89 Prince

I always listen to my music playlist, and Audiobooks....Seriously, since Civ is turn based and your controlling the game it is easy to listen to a Audiobook in the background.

If you are a Game of Thrones Fan...You could easily listen to "A Dance with Dragons" before the new season of the HBO series starts. (Or start from the beginning,...and see where the book and show are different). If you want to try it, sign up for Audiobooks.com and first book is free!

19. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Chieftain

Now that I think about it my favourite piece of music in the entire game is Buenos Aires and I wish it was longer song

20. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Jeez that's a good question, I like Huns, England, Brazil (obvs), Poland, Carthage, Indonesia, Portugal, Shoshone, Mongolia and well, I can't really remember all of them