Which Civ has your favorite Music?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by slyone14, Jun 2, 2020.

1. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

As a guy who really does enjoy the music side of Civ 6 and the different variety. I was curious of which civs you all think has the best music. Me, i enjoy Cree and Ottomans, i dont know why but i really just like it.

Builderphile likes this.
  2. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I love all the medieval music they have for France (not just the main theme but the ambient stuff; hearing Machaut in any game makes my not-so-inner geek very happy).

Objectively the best might be Mongolia. That throat singing is just awesome.

And as music that sits nicely in the background and matches the Civ, I've always liked Rome, again especially for the ambient music.

AntSou and Uberfrog like this.
  3. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

Rome’s music is very nice. I can listen to it on my computer all day. I agree. I have actually never heard Mongolia’s music. I’m eager too now.

4. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Mongolia, Georgia, and Persia, in that order. It's not my top favorite, but I don't think Norway's theme gets enough appreciation.

Codeword Iroquois likes this.
  5. James_Champagne

James_Champagne Warlord

Really love the Zulu music, "Thula Baba" possibly being one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in a game... also like Poland, Canada, Mongolia, India, Rome, Egypt, and so on.

Buthera, agonistes and Uberfrog like this.
  6. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

In alphabetical order, these ones stand out for me: Arabia, Indonesia, Japan, Mali, Mongolia, Nubia, Rome, US, Zulu.

That said, many are good. I do find Australia's and Congo's themes too repetitive, with too little variation between eras. I might be one of the few to dislike the Maori theme as well--I think the clash of the haka chorals with the instrumentation and more sonorous chorals of the other Maori song create cacophony. I would have preferred no haka in the main Maori theme, and instead having it as an ambient theme, chorals only.

Chefofrats likes this.
  7. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

8. Starwars

Starwars Prince

I love Mongolia's music, especially the (I think) medieval one. Very evocative, beautiful and perfect for sending your cavalry across the steppes.

9. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

My favourite is the Zulu music... it’s just really great. All the ambient songs blend really well together.

Other highlights for me are any of the ancient era fiddle tunes for America, Scotland, Australia and Canada, plus the themes of Mongolia, Norway, the Cree and the Māori. The new Maya themes are up there too.

But really there’s hardly a weak tune in the game. Waltzing Matilda or Scotland’s the Brave might get repetitive, but that’s more a problem with the way the soundtracks are implemented than the arrangements themselves, which are great.

James_Champagne likes this.
  10. montalaar

montalaar Chieftain

best music for me is georgian. worst are any mumba-jumba. im turning down music when it starts.

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

Hmmm... A tough question. I don't think I have a favourite *one*? Maybe a few tiers.

Tier 1: Mongolia, Georgia, Zulu
    Tier 2: Poland, Cree, Maori

I guess I don't tend to associate a lot of the others with specific civs, because I have 300hrs+ in the game from initial release to now, and I've spent so long listening to the OSTs. I'm like that with a lot of music. It's just all good music to me. Except Australia's OST. Hyurk. Waltzing Matilda puts me in a blind rage now, perhaps because of my often-mentioned hatred of Civ VI's Australia!

I only wish the OST releases had the full works, not just a selection. There's a lot you hear in-game and in game audio rips on YT that aren't on the OST. And that I could find the Maya OST to buy. :|

12. Ticio

Ticio Prince

For me:

Tier 1: Hungary and Ottomans (both during Atomic are sick), I always put them as AI to make sure we have the tracks!

Tier 2: Netherlands, Russia and Canada.

The rest are more or less the same, except for Scotland and Maori, that make me have headache. They are not bad, bu something about the rythm attack my brain, i don't know why.

agonistes and Codeword Iroquois like this.
  13. tiamats4esgares

tiamats4esgares Warlord

Maori, Cree, Canada

14. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Cree.

Aus, Brasil, Kongo and US have the worst. I restart if they are my neighbours.

15. StamVI

StamVI Chieftain

Japan, Mongolia, Mali, Rome.

16. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Hungary's Atomic Theme is my jam.

Buthera likes this.
  17. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

Cree and Zulu are both amazing. Rise and Fall was a definite high point for music in civ6 IMO. Outside of that expansion I love Mali's theme.

The Khmer on the other hand... That theme is so annoying I usually keep the SE Asian pack disabled just in case.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  18. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Atomic: Indonesia, Hungary, Cree, Zulu, Scotland.
    Industrial: Nubia, China
    Medieval: America, Gran Colombia, Cree, Indonesia.
    Ancient: Australia, Mongolia.

Honestly, I love it all. I have listened to the OST almost on a daily basis since VI was released. It is a phenomenal soundtrack. I am not as big of a fan as the Industrial era music as the other eras though.

19. Codeword Iroquois

Codeword Iroquois Warlord

I've found that I enjoy all of them, but Scotland, Maori, Hungary, Norway, Russia, (That's my problem, i can't just pick) England, US, Oz, and Brazil are my favorites.

20. James_Champagne

James_Champagne Warlord

Yeah, I actually had a game recently where one of the AIs was Georgia (I pretty much always select what AIs I play against and had never selected Georgia before). Was surprised by how much I enjoyed their music, will need to pick them more in the future now.