Which civ is most challenging?

MinnesotaRuss

Warlord
I just read the list of posts about which civ is best (?) for this and that. I want to ask: which civ is generically most challenging? Because its units don't measure up early enough, because their unique unit or building is way too last in the game (I'm thinking of U-boats and American rough rider). So, which is most challenging?

Georgia is supposed to be.
I play this Civ a lot because of this but I find that a warmonger focus negates any lack of abilities.
You will find this Civ is basically playing with no bonus, in my opinion.
Norway is similar and as already stated England is at the bottom as well.

Play a bunch of Deity games with these three.
After that play the top tier Civs and you will notice a major difference in ease of play.

Edit: I forgot about Egypt.
They give me trouble since I can't upgrade to Knights.
This Civ plays different which can be a challenge.

Last edited:
I would say Norway personally unless playing an island map. Georgia is also pretty bad but hill swords are not the end of the earth.
England off continent and harbours work out better and a redcoat rush can be fun but is quite late, for a deity game England is as much of a challenge as the other 2. Start inland and you are vanilla.
One of the best ways to fight an AI is a defensive attack, bezerkers just fail.
Stave church? Pffft
The ships are OK but when you start inland you are a vanilla civ.
So Norway overall but these 3 really are a good challenge as already said.

Egypt is great for early golden, getting gold, and river building of both wonders (30% chop card) and districts.

Definitely Norway. Their UU and UI are both terrible and can be pretty much ignored, making your only real boost faster embarkation.

Top Bottom