Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Rome

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Tibet

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Leoreth

Blue Period
Usual rules, you can vote until I decide to start playing, suggestions for July civs can be posted in thread.

June will likely be special in that I might play it on the new victory code, which is working quite well already and just needs a little more testing.

What new victory code?

Lets go to Africa !!!! Congo needs much love since the 2nd goal is very very luck dependant IMO. I've had trouble with it numerous times. Also lets see if you will find the gimmick for slaves

Be the Deng Xiaoping you want to see in the world

China's greatest exploit are more in the past then nowadays, though maybe their UHV would be fail a mission to mars and seriously damage a Malian City?

What new victory code?
A new victory code?
That's what I have been mostly working on recently. I have rewritten the entire victory code from the ground up. The primary goal of the rewrite is to bundle all the elements of a victory goal in one place, such as the condition itself, description, progress information, tooltips, event handlers, etc. For instance, the goal description will now be entirely dynamically generated based on the goal requirements, so that the display can no longer be out of step with the actual condition. I also added extensive testing for all kinds of goal conditions.

The code is almost ready and has already been used in practice, but of course we can only be completely sure after playing the UHVs themselves in a real game. So this would be great test in practice where I can address issues that arise alongside working on Congo (or another eventual winner) in parallel.

At the moment, I only have to catch up existing tests to some code changes that were necessary, and then catch the entire rewrite up to all the changes that happened on the develop branch in the meantime. I plan to then make the branch available for everyone to play on in case you're interested, before merging it a while later.

Kidding asides, a PRC civ would be a very interesting late game challenge. Though it probably should only spawn if whoever controls China is unstable, a bit like Byzantium.

Kidding asides, a PRC civ would be a very interesting late game challenge. Though it probably should only spawn if whoever controls China is unstable, a bit like Byzantium.
Are you implying the founding of Maoist-Lenninism thought isn't a universal inevitability?

Top Bottom