Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Persia

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Tibet

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Changed my México vote for Purrsia. I do prefer playing as Byzzies, but the Persian UHV is a lot more challenging in my opinion.

Purrsia vs Byznyantium?

Something still happening in the poll here?

No, because I voted for Byzantium and it is at the top.

Given the fact that NL is trailing so much and I don't really have much of a preference between Byzantium and Persia, I've changed my vote to the latter for the sake of drama.

Lets go Persia!! Beat those Byzantine asses for the 2nd time!

#Persiadidnothinwrong.

I never play cheesy and ahistorical strats.
I request Korea to be on the next poll as it's historical goals require you to "technically" invade Japan.

Do they?

They require you to get 4 cities and not tank your economy, with the threat of China and the Mongols, Japan is the optimal choice. So whilst it isn't required, it's heavily encouraged. Though maybe I'm just underestimating the usefulness of the city locations in the north. I've always seen them as too much hassle to defend from barbarians for what they're worth.

I enjoy how these polls always devolve into two teams neck and neck haha, human nature.

#teampersia

Just wanna ask @Leoreth.

Do you play all your DOC games on Normal speed and Regent difficulty?

Yes.

I expect Arabia to show up in the poll at the last moment with 60 votes. Surprise Jihad, infidels.

On a completely unrelated note, for the next poll I nominate Arabia.

IMO Arabia's cramped map, boondoggle wonders, and rampant barbs are salvaged only by the nice UUs.

Inbetween Deltarune chapter 2 and the Outer Wilds DLC coming out soon, this will be tough to squeeze in. So I'll let you know when I am done with Deltarune and leave 24 hours to vote or change your vote from then on.

Voted Byzantium: I remember an earlier discussion here on the forums with lots of people saying they're having trouble with their UHV so I'll vote for that! Moreover if you decide to do both 3000BC and 600AD starts all the better! Should be interesting.

Also, for future games I'd like to suggest the Aztecs to be included on the poll: I've given them a couple of tries lately with varying degrees of success. It's a true "underdog" experience to try to make it through the age of colonization. However I must confess that while I enjoy the experience there are some gripes I have, especially in regards to the Aztecs' third UHV goal, so I would love to see you have a go at it and see if you happen share any of the concerns.

Yeah, just a fair warning on the Aztecs is that this is a civ that I am fairly likely to come away from saying that its issues are better solved on the new map. It's just that a lot of its problems come from the limited space and Mexico is one of the locations that benefit a lot from the enlargement and is a lot more fleshed out there.

Of course I'm still going to enjoy playing them and we're still going to learn a lot either way so don't let that stop you from voting for them.

Top Bottom