Which Civ title has the best nuke explosion animation in the series?

Which Civ in the series has the best nuke explosion?

• Total voters

katipunero

Prince
One of the many ways I measure a game of civ is by the quality of its nuclear explosion. So the title stands, which Civ game has the best nuclear explosion animation (and mechanic) in the series?

Civilization V Vanilla:

Link to video.

Civilization: Revolution:

Link to video.

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword:

Link to video.

Civilization III: Conquests

Link to video.
a launch was made 4 minutes into the video.

I voted for Civ IV, if only because of the effort put into making the launches dramatic. Credits to the owners of the videos. :nuke:

Nuke animations are one thing CiV got right. Although I would have liked to see the mushroom cloud linger until I press next turn

Civ1!!

Because the animation took like 40 seconds to finish!

Nuke animations are one thing CiV got right. Although I would have liked to see the mushroom cloud linger until I press next turn

I noticed that the explosion animation for V is a couple of hexes off at the beginning. Would that be a correct observation?

Sorry, but I cannot this vision out of my head and have to share it....

"Explosions? Oh boy! That's where I'm a viking!" said the Civ V that really is Ralph Wiggum.

Civ Rev (never played it) is pretty cool with the whole launch thing......but really seemed drawn out. Was it slowed down for the video?

IV and V have nice looking ones.

I can't remember if it was II or III, but it was my favorite because it led off with the air raid sirens. The sound is a bit chilling, especially if you grew up during the cold war time frame.

As an aside, they do know that when the bomb is coming down from the ICBM, it's just the warhead, right? The rest of the missile is there just for the launching part. It reminds me of the Hollywood goof that shows the slow-mo bullet going through the air with the brass still attached.

^ the animation sequence for civ rev was slowed down but only by a bit just to churn out whatever guilt he must have felt nuking his own city IRL. never played civ rev but i think the nuke was epic.

I can't remember if it was II or III, but it was my favorite because it led off with the air raid sirens. The sound is a bit chilling, especially if you grew up during the cold war time frame.

It was in Civ II. I loved it too. :) I remember putting it as the shutdown sound for my Windows 95 because it was so cool. :lol:

Is cIV:BTS the only version where you can launch multiple nukes at the same time vs the same target? 'cause that made lots of nice mushroom clouds.

Need to find a video of SMAC planet buster

Is cIV:BTS the only version where you can launch multiple nukes at the same time vs the same target? 'cause that made lots of nice mushroom clouds.

Need to find a video of SMAC planet buster

Mm hmm. There's a mod in BTS that improves on multiple nuke explosion animations too. Btw, anyone can post pictures of nukes or its equivalent of other civ titles. I'll try to include them in the poll. :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 196
Definitely Civ1, I generally think it had great graphics for its time, which I can't say about the later installments.

The Nuclear Bomb is better then the Nuclear Missile in Civ V in my opinion. :)

Civ 5, gotta love how the Barb grunts after the explosion ;)

Top Bottom