Which civilization do you find most interesting to play with? (August 10th poll)

Which civilization looks most interesting to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scythia - I wouldn't mind taking some cities from another civ before the penalties get too heavy.

I think the Aztecs sound the most interesting to me. Raiding other civs for their units to become your builders is a fresh way to play. Even more so than Civ V, Aztec aggression will allow them to build up their cities and culture faster than any other warmongers could.

Enslave their population, burn their crops, pillage their improvements, and simultaneously build a thriving and cultured society? Yes please!

Voted Japan. The district unique seems like a fun mini puzzle. And Hojo is the best looking leader so far, by a HUGE margin.

The Aztecs look nicely set up to economically profit from early war and rapid expansion, which is how I love to play Civ.

Britain, for a later-game sprawling empire kind of feel, is my second pick.

I find Scythia a bit intriguing because I love the idea of overrunning my enemies with vast hordes of mounted units (still my go-to strategy in Civ IV!), but I find that with 1UPT takes the fun out of that, both because the sheer amount of rough terrain and bottlenecks on the map makes combat a slog, and because the AI isn't smart enough to be a satisfying opponent. But perhaps Civ VI will resolve my complaints and make mounted combat fun again. If it does, I'll be playing a lot of Scythia.

Japan and Brazil are the 2 I'm most excited to play. I like the compact building of Japan and the new GP system looks really cool.

Right now, I am interested in China and Brazil. I'd say Egypt, but Cleopatra's ability seems straight up bad. A bit of gold while giving your opponents food? Unless gold is much more valuable now, this seems like a rip off as an ability.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

China, as I ALWAYS wanted to build the great wall myself. Plus I love improving my land.

I'm hoping that Rome UA is to build "Imperial Highways", better roads that you can build with builders.

Brazil:

• Unique Ability and Leader Ability are quite flexible and seem decently strong;
  • Not focused on a specific era. I hate the pressure created by early-game units and abilities, and I always feel that late-game uniques are weaker;
  • Synergize well with certain wonders (Oracle, Chichén Itzá), beliefs (Sacred Path, Divine Spark), and polices (doubled adjacency bonuses, +GPPs);
  • I always liked to play around Great People, and playing around the terrain sounds like fun;
  • I really enjoyed its soundtrack, at least the few minutes I listened to, it's quite atmospheric;
  • Patriotism. ;)

Voted Aztecs... love being an early warmonger ;)

Also like Brazil... But honestly, so far, I like the variance that the different civs bring on the table.... Seems to me it will actually make a much bigger impact on playstyle than previous civs

I'm really eager o try every one of these, but first off will be France. The fact that espionage is implemented in the base game makes me hope/believe that it will be more of a core concept than it has been in Civ IV and V, and the includion of Casus Belli makes me read between the lines a little optimistically, perhaps, and hope to finally play the sneaky underhanded goad-everybody-else-into-fighting-eachother-and-sweep-up-the-ashes game I've always wanted.

Japan is next, though. Or Aztecs. They all look good!

Scythia because it's new and has a nice "early-warmonger-with-horses" play style from what we've seen.

I have to say it is a tough decision, egypt, japan, aztec, china and brazil are close by. But I decide for china her, because I think the eureka boost is very powerful (btw, is it just Eureka moments or inspirations too?).
But mostly im excited about the Great Wall and how big its adjacency bonus will be. If it gets mightier the longer it is, it can be very tempting to build a real great wall around your chinese empire ...
... but if it is really just one gold per tile at the start, I might switch for egypt. Or japan? Or the aztecs? Or brazil? I cant decide ...

I have to go England. Know that there is a day/night mechanism I have to see how long I can make sure the sun never sets on my British Empire. Plus who doesn't like subjecting the little people of other continents to your whim. I mean, other than ice cream what could possibly be a better activity.

England. "Who controls the seas, has control of everything"

I think the unique bonuses are well balanced between the civilizations. I choose England because I like playing as a naval power.

This. And I like starting with my home country.
I also prefer the bigger, known empires first and after I get a grip of the game, I delve into the more exotic civs that usually require at least a wikipedia skim of what they were all about.

I think the Aztecs sound the most interesting to me. Raiding other civs for their units to become your builders is a fresh way to play. Even more so than Civ V, Aztec aggression will allow them to build up their cities and culture faster than any other warmongers could.

Enslave their population, burn their crops, pillage their improvements, and simultaneously build a thriving and cultured society? Yes please!

I second that, Yes Please :D

Scythia is like Mongols, so Aztecs, but that's because I like ancient civs from remote continents.

Tricky, I haven't seen any of the First Look civ videos and thought "urgh, I don't want to play THEM!"

Voted Aztecs as their abilities look to apply more in the early game and generally are war-orientated (?), so they ought to be good for my first military focused game.

But I suspect I will at least try every civ with a view to every victory type over time.

Voted Aztecs since i had to pick one, but both Brazil and Scythia are very interesting to me too.

I picked Aztecs over scythia since the enslaving mechanic is new and intriguing but i guess from a pure early war monger game scythia seems really awesome too.

And for playing peacefully Brazil! The jungle bonus to districts seem like Brazil can be a powerhouse in science or faith generation!

So far im least interested in England, America and France.

They are all interessting. But I say Japan because i wonder if/how the better adjacency bonusses and electronics factory lead to clumps of densely packed city groups.

Top Bottom