Which Civilization is superior?

Which Civilization game is your favorite?

• Total voters

kochman

Deity
Which do you prefer to play that is...
You can refer to any patch/version, but I mean the core game, not any mods... of course, the ease of modding can also be considered.

I think my posting this in the Civ 4 part of the forum shows you where I stand!

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN POSTED IN THE OFF TOPIC SECTION PER THE IDEA OF SOME BELOW:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=417123

Probably best to post in Off Topic where more people will see it, and you'll get less biased results as well. Watch out for the trolls though!

As of my vote, it's 5 for Civ4, and zero for all the others. Might be an interesting experiment (if the mods let you) to post this same poll in each of the five "General Discussions" forums. I lurk in the Civ1 and Civ2 forums from time to time (nostalgia) and a lot of people in those forums still think 1 or 2 is the best ever made. You'll probably get vastly different results.

A year after Civ1 came out, I thought of it as the best computer game ever made. A week after Civ2 came out, I thought of it as the best computer game ever made. A week after getting Civ4, I thought of it as... well, you get the idea. Civ3 came out at a busy, computer-less time on my life- and I didn't even know about Civ4 for two or three years, but I've been an addict since I was able to get it.

The correct answer is Rome.

Probably best to post in Off Topic where more people will see it, and you'll get less biased results as well. Watch out for the trolls though!

Absolutely. You can post this in the Civ III forum and Civ III will win. It was done in off-topic once and Civ IV won. I prefer IV, but I play IV and III and like both and they are quite different games. My BTS disk died and I'm playing III and waiting a bit to get IV again. Haven't played I or II and what I've seen and heard about V hasn't impressed me enough to shell out cash for it.

That the games are quite different is shown in that there's a number of people who really prefer III to IV. They've tried IV and didn't like it. It isn't that they weren't good enough, it's just that they enjoyed III more.

Didn't you have that argument in another thread?

BTW my Mum's skype worked after I found out how to install the sound drivers. You lazy bastard appearing on line but really sleeping ;) I wanted to show my Mum how easy it was to call abroad using skype, we had to settle for calling the other computer in the next room instead :lol:

Which do you prefer to play that is...
You can refer to any patch/version, but I mean the core game, not any mods... of course, the ease of modding can also be considered.

I think my posting this in the Civ 4 part of the forum shows you where I stand!

I think it also guarantees you a biased result. But someone else said that already.

For me, it's a tossup between 3 and 4.

Didn't you have that argument in another thread?

BTW my Mum's skype worked after I found out how to install the sound drivers. You lazy bastard appearing on line but really sleeping ;) I wanted to show my Mum how easy it was to call abroad using skype, we had to settle for calling the other computer in the next room instead :lol:

We had an argument on this, yes, and all it did was show that prats are over-rated. I remember posting some rather strong picture proof and then the opposition argument on it kind of...........well vanished.

As for skype, I like staying online so that people feel free to message me at any time. I do get back, eventually :p. And you know other people than me! Surely someone else was on!

Rome, Schmome...

The best Civilization is The Lemon Republic! :D

Oh, you mean game... uh... Civ4 for me, please. :)

Mistake 1: You posted in a Civ4 forum. :p
:lol: Only 2 people voted for something else so far, and they both said Civ2.
EDIT: Oh, didn't read OP properly. :wallbash:

Right, it's just the cannons. If the stack gets attacked, the prats wouldn't even be defending at times. :lol:

Just stick a couple pikemen in there and you'll be fine. :goodjob:

haha yeah right, pikes vs cuiri/cavalry XD. >75% chance to get flanked to hell lol.

And if you have pikes/cannon, why would you need prats?

Oh.

To fire out of the cannon.

There's a surprise, 53 votes for Civ4 on the civ4 board. 2nd choice - civ2

Top Bottom