Which Civilization Leader are you addicted to?

Im addicted to the leader Canute of the Viking civ. I also like the russian leaders.

Roosevelt is awesome! Napoleon isnt half bad either.

i try to vary my leaders when i play, but if im roosevelt and have lots of forest around me, im 90% sure to win the game.

Industrious is currently my favorite leader trait.

Armorydave said:
I have stopped playing Catherine and Washington because I was getting addicted to playing that "style". I really dig Huayna but Quecha are over-powered on Pangeas and Continents (least at Monarch level). Last time I played Huayna I took out Isabella in the first 15 turns (my Quecha found her capital with a single archer, attacked at even odds and won). She founded Buddhism the turn before I took her capital so it was a holy city as well. Starting with two capitals is pretty sick.

you got lucky, winning with even odds
not that overpowered then

FOr me, i like hatcheptsu, but i'm trying to play every leader, so only played her once.

Washington or Elizabeth, good UU's, big empires, hee hee.

Incan Dude is fun for a change too - Mansa Musa for a challenge!

I had some fun with hunga carpak, saladin and julius

but usually I play BISMARCK

He a genius at wonder building, haft costs for granary and forges boost the Industry. Thanx to the cheap harbour and the Health bonus you don't have unhealthy people.:D

currently it's cyrus. his immortals are incredible. they come so early (discover animal husbandry and roads) and all those pesky AI archers are no match for them. i'd consider them more powerful than quechas and maybe even praetorians for their swiftness. after you destroyed a couple of civs and own a whole continent by 1000 BC with 20 immortals stock piled his traits aren't too shabby. expansive gives you some larger cities and with creative your empire will grow rapidly.

the downside is this fugly turquois...

I find that my playing style is best suited with Asoka, although I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Romans.

Alexander is quite nice.

Frederick and Gandhi

I noticed that most of us play Elizabeth, Catherine, Washington and Kublai Khan. I love the financial and creative traits.

Another vote for Catherine. Financial + Creative + Cossacks -- it's almost unfair.

In an attempt to expand my horizons,I'm moving on to other leaders. Got a cultural victory with Ghandi, and I'm starting to like Qin Shi Huang for Financial + Industrious + Cho-ko-nu's. Medieval wars are fun.

A lot of people seem to like Washington. I want to try him next.

Hatty for her traits, Cath for Cre/Fin and Cossaks and I like Izzy for the free religion and her UU since I use knights alot (same goes for Saladin I guess).

Ceeasar at least, because of the preatorians.
I've never played with Catherine but many people here say she is good, so i'll try her the next time.

Hetchepsut and Catherine. Creative is a must-have trait for me.

To avoid getting addicted to a leader, I always select "random". That forces me to adapt, and you learn more through adapting than repeating the always same strategy.

Mao, Cho-Ko-Nu/Maceman rush with about 20 suicide cats will always take out at least one rival in the renissance.

Top Bottom