1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Civilization Leader are you addicted to?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Xanikk999, Mar 22, 2006.

1. roadie

roadie Chieftain

For me it is Isabella. I like being able to chop and change civics and the expansive trait is great for the early game. Stonehenge or the Parthenon if you have the right resources mean that land area increases quickly.

2. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

I'm not addicted to any leader... the point of this game is to try different strategies.

3. Stellaaa

Stellaaa Chieftain

I'm addicted to Ghandi.

Tried Hatty, Asoka and Saladin but I'm addicted to Ghandi. Must try Cathy next time, given all the good reviews for her here, used to like to play the russians in civ3 even though she was really ugly in that one.

Currently playing an "all girls" game. Me as Ghandi (I know Ghandi wasn't a girl, but I am) and I picked as my rivals all the female leaders. It's a bit confusing when Cathy wants me to cut ties with the vile "English" because I don't know if she hates Vicky or Liz. But it turns out, we all hate Liz. Vicky's cool.

4. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

Definitely Gandhi... Industrious and Spiritual is very useful in my opinion.

5. DarkFyre99

DarkFyre99 Prince

I seem one of the few who plays random leaders exclusively...

6. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

I play random leaders too, so I don't get addicted to any single leader. But if I was addicted to a single leader, I would be playing QSH. I'm a builder, and Financial and Industrious are great.

For cultural, Freddie is great. And I like JC for military victories.

7. gettingfat

gettingfat Emperor

Qin. Financial trait is easy to play with, and I'm a wonder lover and I always build forges so industrious trait comes handy. Chunkies are powerful UU as well. The starting techs (mining and agricultural) are one of the better combinations. (mysticism is good but at higher difficulty level early religion is not necessarily a good thing).

Ghandi. The fast workers make everything easy. I also love switching civics.

8. Guerra

Guerra Warlord

Huayna Capac

9. Columbkille

Columbkille Chieftain

George Washington, Tokugawa, and Julius Caesar

10. nutnutwin

nutnutwin Chieftain

Anyone with the Organized trait, for the sake of courthouse

11. luckynick

luckynick Chieftain

cathy again for regular* games, i allways begin a new difficulty level with her first (trying immortal right now)
    But any financial leader can make a good deal, i tend to love capac a lot too.

* by regular i mean not playing julius praetorus razeor wich can beat (with the anarchy trick) any level and actually easily in any level below immortal. Usually i set research to zero either at IW, or at construction. Note that if i don't have iron or bronze the game is lost as you will not be able to grab it from ai with archer/chariot/horsemen unless very lucky.

12. Thehistoryman

Thehistoryman Chieftain

Mao ususally when i want to play a 'realistic' game of a mix of war and peace. and Frederick the great of Germany when i want to dominate culturaly.

13. anglosaxon

anglosaxon Monarch

Bismarck - Expansive and Industrious are good for building strong economies in fast growing cities.

14. keat1973

keat1973 Chieftain

Qin Shi Huang for builder style games
    Huayna Capac for conquer/warmonger

I also like Catherine and Elizabeth generally. American leaders would also be good, in theory, but I really don't like america having a so late UU. In my games at least, navy seals are practically useless.

I play emperor/immortal (won 2 games only at immortal, out of at least 20)

15. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

The two Noble Marathon games I've won were with Qin and Washington, though I do like Caesar. I'm playing a Prince Marathon with Qin at the moment and wiping the floor with the AI at 1820 or so. Only problem is my economy is crashing, so I'll have to go for peace soon. Damn that WW.

16. Iron Jack Flint

Iron Jack Flint Chieftain

I'm addicted to Montezuma, and it's not cause i play as him... it's just that he bugs the heck out of me in games and then i like picking on him later in the game when my military is more advanced than his. he's got units out the wazzou, but not the dominant ones.

i play on warlord

17. sirford

sirford Title indicates royalty

the warmongering Washington. :ar15:

18. GrandMatt

GrandMatt Warlord

Gandhi and Asoka are awesome

19. Hamminator

Hamminator Chieftain

Frederick the Great=more great people and more culture!

20. Sisiutil

Sisiutil All Leader Challenger

That's the one thing that bugs me about playing as America, too--it's too bad, because otherwise, Washington's traits (financial/organized) are terrific. But their UU comes too late in the game. I mean, I barely use Marines anyway, so why bother with a slightly souped-up Marine?

America should have gotten a mid-game OU, Minutemen, that replaces Musketmen. They would have 2 movement points like the French Musketeers and either an automatic Woodsman or Drill promotion.