1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Civilization VI capital cities, including city-states, have you visited?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by untitledjuan, Jun 17, 2020.

1. untitledjuan

untitledjuan Warlord

I thought this is an interesting question to see which places has the fanbase of these game visited.

Capitals
    In my case, I've been to Washington (USA), and Bogotá (Gran Colombia), which is also where I live.

City-States
    Hunza (modern day Tunja, Colombia)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    Hawke9 likes this.
  2. hwalt21

hwalt21 Chieftain

Only one, Washington DC. I thought it was much prettier than tv and movies make it appear.

3. JaeChunDaeSung

JaeChunDaeSung Prince

Washington DC, Seoul (where I was born), Kyoto AND Tokyo.

4. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

Washington (DC) and Ottawa.

Oh, and I guess Mexico City is mostly present day Tenochtitlan, so there too.

5. Haig

Haig Deity

Stockholm each year, very beautiful city.

London, very cool

Berlin

Istanbul/Constantinople

Paris, as a baby..

Budabest

From city-states:
    Brussels

I travelled around Belgium with my parents when I was a small boy. We spent a night in some small town, and it was a celebration day of it's liberation by allies. There were old tough looking british veterans and some of them were staying in the same inn that my family was. They had a really loud party and me and my mom went full 'Karen' and wanted my dad to ask management for them to be quiet but my dad refused.
    Now I am ashamed of it :sad: Belgium also had the greatest french fries, and site of the Waterloo battle.

6. Mr Jon of Cheam

Mr Jon of Cheam Prince

Born and raised in London, so I've been to most of the European ones. Outside of Europe I think it's only Cusco!

Paris, Stockholm, Rome, Amsterdam, Brussels, Budapest, Cardiff, Lisbon, Vatican City, Cusco, Krakow (and Berlin but guess that doesn't count!).

7. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

My swordsmen visited most of’em at one point or another :mischief:

Other than that, I’m not much of a traveller to foreign capitals, preferring to visit good campus locations.

comatosedragon likes this.
  8. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

Capitals: Cairo, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Aachen (@Haig: not Berlin in Civ6), Athens, Istanbul (traveling through only), Rome, Madrid. Not a very exotic list, I suppose. Cairo was part of a two weeks trip, though, which probably was the best I've ever made. Part of it was climbing down into a pyramid, where I managed to be alone for a few minutes. Alone! Just listening to the silence of the centuries, smelling the stone and feeling it's weigth above me. Incredible and not something many people can claim for themselves, I guess ... I treasure this memory as a precious gem. :) )

City states: Brussels, Kandy, Singapore, Valetta, Vatican City. Ab bit more interesting, with Kandy and Singapore being one of the "big" holliday travels of my livetime.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Haig likes this.
  9. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Never went outside of Europe which saddens me a lot, but I have my fair share of European cities.

Capitals: Paris (Im French), Madrid, Rome, Aachen, London, Budapest.

City-States: Lisbon, Geneva, Vatican City, Bologna, Cardiff, Granada.

10. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Warlord

Ooooh I like this. Let's see...

Capitals: Rio de Janeiro, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Budapest, Kyoto, Pella (the archaeological site!)

City-States: Auckland, Cardiff, Geneva, Lisbon, Valletta

11. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

Capitals - Ottawa, Washington, London, Amsterdam, Madrid
    City States - Lisbon, Zanzibar, Antananarivo, Cardiff

Honorable Mentions: (not capitals in Civ but today are capitals in RL) : Quito, Kinchassa. I don't think Lima, Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam or Kampala appear in any civ lists but been there too!

Maybe a bit of an unusual list for a North American but there ya go. Hardly been to Europe, but spent months and months of my youth in the Andes and later in East Africa, when it was still super cheap to do those kind of things.

12. Buthera

Buthera Chieftain

Canberra, Te-Hokianga-Nui-A-Kupe, Paris, London, Rome for capitals. Auckland, Brussels, Hong Kong and Vatican City for city states. Was on a train that went through Bologna iirc, I wish I'd checked it out.

13. KayAU

KayAU King

Not that many really. Capitals:
    Rio de Janeiro (for work)
    Amsterdam (for work, holidays, and numerous transits)
    London (holiday)
    Paris (holiday)
    Nidaros (Lived there for 5 years, visited many times since. It's called Trondheim these days, though.)

City states:
    Seoul (for work and holiday)

Hawke9 likes this.
  14. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

I've been to almost all of the European cities featured in Civ, except the Norwegian ones - visting Norway is still on my bucket list. No idea whether I should treat Istanbul as a European or Asian city - technically and culturally it is both. Anyway, I've been there too.

I've been to Australia, but we flew into Sydney and drove north and then flew out to Alice Springs, so no Canberra. Ditto with the US - I've only been to the West Coast and the Rockies, so no Washington DC.

I spent several hours at the airport in Singapore (it was the only pleasant airport I've ever been to, it was actually pretty amazing!), but I guess that does not count as a visit :)

I saw some Carthaginian ruins in Tunisia (which is the only bit of Africa I've been to so far), including Carthage itself, but I've never been to the Phoenician heartland in the Near East.

I've never been to South America, and I've only visited tiny parts of Asia, so that's that.

15. borad

borad Warlord

Washington + Toronto
    Canberra + Auckland (well, only the airport and the mini-golf near it)
    Amsterdam, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul + Brussels, Vatican City
    Xi’an, Delhi, Angkor Thom + Hong Kong, Kandy, Singapore
    Qusqu + Nazca

End of this year, COVID-allowing: Cairo, Râ-Kedet (Alexandria), Athens

Lots to go…

16. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Captitals: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Buda, Rome, Kyoto

City states: Cardiff, Bolonga, Jerusalem, Muscat, Hong Kong, Singapore

It's annoying how you worded it, as I have been to many more places in those countries/civs which are not capitals or city states in the game presently. So Civs I've been to are: Canada (incl prev Cree territories), America, England, France, Spain, Rome, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Greece, Phoenicia, Zulu, China, Japan.

17. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

Capitals : Cairo, Canberra, Mexico City (Tenochtitlan), Rio de Janeiro, Ottawa, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Buda, Istanbul, Rome (as a baby), Madrid, Stockholm and most likely Ethiopia's Capital as I'll assume it will be either Addis, Gondar or Axum

City states (including ones removed with later updates, except if already in the capitals list) : Brussels, Carthage, Lisbon, Toronto, Valletta and Vilnius,

18. Left Field

Left Field Chieftain

Capitals: I live in Canberra. Other Capitals I've been too are London, Paris, Madrid, Rome and Washington D.C.

City States: Auckland and Singapore.

EDIT: I forgot I'd stopped at Stirling for an hour or two on the way to Dingwall.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  19. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Capitals
    London
    Paris
    Amsterdam
    Rome
    Istanbul
    Kyoto

Closest I’ve never been to is Stirling, which I should really visit one of these days. I have been to Scotland (and Germany, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Canada and the USA without visiting their in-game capitals).

City States
    Cardiff
    Brussels
    Lisbon
    Fez
    Granada
    Vatican

Plus a brief layover in Singapore airport which doesn’t really count.

20. Weraptor

Weraptor King

Kraków (nowadays its Warsaw)