Which Civilizations would you like to see in Civ 6/7? 4: Back in Business

Duke William of Normandy

King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee
I'm finally back, ladies and gentlemen. :D It's been so long, my goodness. Over the next month or so, I'll be posting more ideas here for either Civ 6, Civ 7, or both, and we can discuss them. Also, I'll be using the Civ 6 rules when making Civ ideas because... laziness. :p There will be an eventual poll, I just need to create the Civ Ideas first.

Sid Meier's Civilization 6/7: The Forgotten II

Wahunsenacawh of the Powhatan Empire

Powhatan.jpeg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Mamanatowick
Placing a Weroance in a City-State grants +1 Envoy with that City-State* as well as +1 Culture, increasing to +2 Envoys and +2 Culture if Wahunsenacawh is Suzerain of the City-State.
The Government Plaza and its Buildings each provide a free Envoy as well as +2 Influence Points per turn.

Civilization Ability: Tsenacommacah
All Unimproved Woods, Jungle, Marsh, and Floodplains Tiles gain +1 Food and +1 Production, increasing to +2 Food, +2 Production, and +1 Gold if adjacent to an Improved Bonus Resource.
+1 Food to Camps, Farms, and Fishing Boats on Bonus Resources, increasing to +2 Food with Civil Engineering.

Unique Unit: Weroance
Powhatan Unique Ancient Era Melee Unit that replaces the Warrior.
All Powhatan and Allied Land Units within two Tiles of a Weroance share its Movement Points and Promotions.*

Production Cost: 50

Gold Cost: 200

Movement Points: 3

Combat Strength: 25

Sight Range: 3

Unique Infrastructure: Quioccosin
Powhatan Unique Improvement unlocked with Mysticism.
Can only build one Quioccosin per City.
Must be built on Woods.

+6 Faith

+2 Food

+1 Gold

+1 Housing

-1 Faith for every adjacent District and Improvement

+0.5 Diplomatic Favor and +0.5 Gold in the Capital if built in a City-State Wahunsenacawh is Suzerain of, increasing to +1 Diplomatic Favor and +1 Gold(with Diplomatic Service)

+0.5 Food and +0.5 Production in the Capital if built in a Powhatan City, increasing to +1 Food and +1 Production(with Industrialization)

+1 Culture(with Cultural Heritage)

Provides Tourism with Faith(with Flight)

Leader Agenda: Paramount Chief
Will be the Suzerain of as many City-States he can and will generally avoid going to War with them.
Dislikes Civilizations that ignore or declare War on City-States, but likes those that are at peace with City-States and are Suzerain of many of them.

Greeting: Welcome, foreign leader. I am the great Wahunsenacawh, chief over the Powhatan and its many tribes.

Agenda Approval: Though others may visit violence and death upon the weaker, you bring friendship and peace to them. I applaud your ways.

Agenda Disapproval: If you cannot afford friendship with smaller powers, how can you expect friendship with a great power like mine?

Attacked: Through your treachery and deceit, I now know I was wrong to greet you warmly. Nevertheless, I shall correct my error.

Declares War: I wished to avoid violence between our peoples, but you have shown that war is the only feasible course.

Defeated: All that I have sacrificed to unite the tribes has come to nothing. I die swallowed by failure.

*This Bonus doesn’t stack with other Weroance Units.

*This Bonus doesn’t stack with other Weroance Units, and does not affect other Weroance Units.

Dionysus I of the Syracusan Empire

Dionysius I.jpeg

Spoiler :

Leader Ability: Workshop of Ortygia
Recruiting a Great Scientist or Great Engineer Charge provides +20 Great People Points for the other Great Person respectively.
Expending a Great Scientist or Great Engineer Charge provides +3 Ranged Strength and +1 Combat Strength to the nearest Syracusan City Center.
Gain the Gastraphetes Unique Unit with Engineering.

Civilization Ability: Lex Hieronica
Farms provide +1 Gold for every adjacent 2 Farms with Feudalism, increasing to +2 Gold for ever adjacent Farm with Civil Engineering.
Syracusan Cities with Governors provide Gold equal to 10% of its Food output.

Unique Unit: Quinquereme
Syracusan Unique Classical Era Naval Ranged Unit that replaces the Quadrireme.
+3 Combat and Ranged Strength against Naval Units.

Production Cost: 135

Gold Cost: 540

Gold Maintenance: 2

Movement Points: 4

Ranged Strength: 28

Range: 1

Sight Range: 2

Unique Unit: Gastraphetes
Syracusan Unique Classical Era Ranged Unit that replaces the Crossbowman when Dionysus I is their Leader.
+5 Ranged Strength when in a Defensible District, increasing to +10 Ranged Strength as well as +1 Range if in a City Center.

Production Cost: 80

Gold Cost: 320

Gold Maintenance: 2

Movement Points: 2

Ranged Strength: 35

Range: 2

Sight Range: 2

Unique Infrastructure: Ortygian Workshop
Syracusan Unique District that replaces the Industrial Zone.
Unlocked with Bronze Working instead of Apprenticeship. Gains and provides a Major Adjacency Bonus from and for Campuses.
+5% Science and +15% Production towards Military Units in this City, increasing to +10% Science and +30% Production if the Military Unit is from a later Era.
Producing Siege and Naval Units in this City provides Great Engineer and Great Scientist Points equal to 10% of their Production Cost.

Production Cost: 27

Gold Maintenance: 1

+1 Great Scientist Point

+1 Great Engineer Point

Citizen Yields(per Citizen): +2 Production

Trade Yields: Domestic Destination: +2 Production

International Destination: +1 Science

Appeal: -1

Leader Agenda: Iron-Handed Innovation
Will maintain a strong Military and continually build Military Units, as well as have a high Science output.
Distrusts Civilizations that also have many Military Units as well as a high Science output, but likes those who have few Military Units as well as a low Science Output.

Greeting: I Dionysus, Tyrant of Syracuse, permit your entrance into my great city. You may approach me now.

Agenda Approval: It is wise of you to acknowledge the supremacy of Syracuse over your petty achievements.

Agenda Disapproval: Hah! Continue with your pitiful chasing towards fanciful glory, and you’ll find yourself flying too close to the sun.

Attacked: Hah! Let your mob of dogs and curs come and face the might of the Syracusan army, for they shall fall before Syracusan ingenuity.

Declares War: Long have I waited this day, where I shall finally crush you under my heel like the vermin you are.

Defeated: I refuse to concede defeat! Not here, not now, and certainly not to the likes of you, savage!

Last edited:

Sid Meier's Civilization 6/7: Next Generation

There's been a delay, so I'm afraid I might need some more time due to unforeseen circumstances.

Wahunsenacawh leads the Powhatan in Sid Meier's Civilization 6/7: The Forgotten II.

Powhatan.jpeg

Coming 12:00 P.M. EST, December 10.

I am so very sorry for the very long delay. I've been waiting for @Mr. Salt, but it seems like he's disappeared for some time, so I'll have to stop being lazy and do the dialogue myself. :V But rest assured, everyone, for I have returned.

If you're there, Mr. Salt, please update me on your status, I've missed you, lol. :lol:

love the unique improvement for the Powhatan, really great job William and company.
Birch, you don't know just how much this means to me. I was beating my head trying to figure out a UI for the Powhatan without resorting to bloody Wigwams or generic Council Fire stuff. :V

Thank you so much. :D

Birch, you don't know just how much this means to me. I was beating my head trying to figure out a UI for the Powhatan without resorting to bloody Wigwams or generic Council Fire stuff. :V

Thank you so much. :D
Yeah it shows how much care you put into research, and i understand the struggle when creating indigenous american civs, i always try to go for something more interesting that a simple generic dwelling and with dedication you can find amazing things from their cultures.

I'm currently working on a Syracusan Civ Idea with Dionysus I as its Leader. To save time, I'm gonna ask you all to help brainstorm some dialogue for me. Dionysus's Agenda will be shown below to help with all this. Who knows, maybe I'll make this a full time thing and continually ask you all for advice on dialogue. :p

Spoiler Dionysus's Agenda. :

Leader Agenda: Iron-Handed Innovation
Will maintain a strong Military and continually build Military Units, as well as have a high Science output.
Distrusts Civilizations that also have many Military Units as well as a high Science output, but likes those who have few Military Units as well as a low Science Output.

Thanks, Duke William of Normandy.

Dionysus I leads Syracuse in Sid Meier's Civilization 6/7: The Forgotten II

Dionysius I.jpeg

Coming 12:00 P.M., EST, December 15.

Edit: Change of schedule, it will come out on December 17, same time.

Last edited:
I’m working on the doc now and I want to know what the workshop of Ortygia is based off of
Here's some stuff Boris Gudenuf sent me.

My original source for this was Diodorus Sicilus' Library of History, Book XIV, as quoted in L. S. DeCamp's The Ancient Engineers (New York: Dorset Press. 1960, 1962, 1963, 1990 editions):
(Dionysius the Elder) - "gathered skilled workmen, commissioning them from cities under his control and attracting them by high wages from Italy and Greece as well as Carthaginian territory . . . he divided them into groups in accordance with their skills, and appointed over them the most conspicuous citizens, offering great bounties to any who created . . . arms."

In regard specifically to military developments:
"(his) purpose was to make weapons in great numbers and every kind of missile, and also tetreres (ships with four banks of oars, or in Latin: Quadriremes) and penteres (ships with five banks: Latin Quinquiremes), being the first to think of the construction of such ships."

E. W. Marsden in Greek and Roman Artillery (1969) also attributes the invention of the gastrophetes, or crossbow, to Dionysius' "military-industrial complex" in about 399 BCE, while Diodorus Sicilus (XIV, 42.1) attributes the first catapults to the same source and their first use by Syracuse in the Siege of Motya in 397 BCE.

DeCamp also wrote a historical novel based on the invention of the catapult and quinquereme in the Workshop, The Arrows of Hercules, in the afterword to which he summarized the evidence for a 'military research establishment' on the island of Ortygia. I think that book is available as an electronic download but I'm pretty sure it is out of print in paper format.

Do you have a place where I can link to it

What can I say, being of a Luddite persuation, I have paper copies of Marsden's book on classical artillery, DeCamp's The Ancient Engineers and the Loeb Classics 1935 edition of Diodorus with the original Greek and an English translation which I cited to Duke William.

There is an on-line edition of an 1814 translation of Diodorus: The Historical Library of Diodorus the Sicilian in Fifteen Books to which are added the Fragments of Diodorus at books.google.com

But I don't know of any on-line edition of the Ancient Engineers by DeCamp.

Top Bottom