Which civs do you always seem to meet

Vahnstad

King
I've just calculated it. I've played 11 games. 1 on R&F, 2 on GS and a few with DLC's, a few without them. I still haven't met some vanilla civs (Gorgo and Brazil).

I've played games with
China - 2 ( didn't finish one)
Indonesia - 1
Rome - 1
America - 1
Germany - 1
Eleanor / France - 1
Inca's - 1
Russia - 1 (didn't finish)
Japan - 1 (didn't finish)
Egypt - 1 (didn't finish but might still do it)

AI civs i've met and how often.
Rome - 6
Russia - 5
Scythia - 5
France / CdM - 4
Kongo - 4
Spain - 4
Greece / Pericles - 3
India / Gandhi - 3
Norway - 3
Arabia - 3
Aztecs - 3
Australia - 3
China - 3
England / Victoria - 3
Zulu - 2
Egypt - 2
Japan - 2
Germany - 2
Sumeria - 2
America - 2
Georgia - 2
Canada - 1
Phoenicia - 1
Nubia - 1
Ottomans - 1
Korea - 1
Poland - 1
Khmer - 1
Persia - 1
Mongols - 1
Macedon - 1

Gathering Storm alone:
Zulu - 2
Russia - 1
Pericles - 1
Canada - 1
Phoenicia - 1
Nubia - 1
Ottomans - 1
Norway - 1
Egypt - 1
Georgia - 1
Rome - 1
Kongo - 1
Korea - 1

*I've had interaction with Rome in 7 of my 11 games (6 times as AI, 1 time as the player). In my observation, Rome is almost always one of the two top tier civs.
*I've had interaction with Russia in 6 of my 11 games. Russia is a very good solid AI civ, but they haven't been a runaway civ so far, and Rome is a tier higher than Russia often. Russia is also more
*Kongo is the strongest AI civ for obvious reasons. Although they've only been able to shine in one game (probably because of difficulty), but when they shine they do shine.
*I don't think Arabia (3 times), France (4 times even!!!), Egypt and Japan seen survive in my games. For some reason i always seem to conquer the same civs, and if i don't do it, someone else would.
*Australia and Aztecs are for some reason really good AI civs. Aztecs often runaway, Australia often does as well with insanely good economy.
*Scythia is very variable, but when they shine, they shine. They've managed to beat me in my China game with a SV on Emperor Difficulty. Granted, it was probably preventable, but they were the "runaway civ" in that game.

*For some reason from the vanilla day 1 civs, i still haven't met Gorgo or Brazil in one of my eleven games. I also haven't met Indonesia, but that makes sense.

I'll just pretend Pedro doesn't exist :goodjob: :lol:

Played (or at least started) too many games to work this out but fortunately, it seems to vary a fair bit. Lately I've been getting a lot of Tamar, Peter, Genghis, Tomyris, Harald and Amanitore.

I don't see a lot of Pericles, Cleopatra, Catherine or Pedro - mercifully so in the case of the latter, as he never likes me (why would he with that stupid agenda?) and he has hands down the most irritatingly earwormy theme in the game. Yes, even more than Hungary's. I did have Pericles in my very last R&F game but that was the first I'd seen of him in ages. I also don't see Shaka much but again, no complaints there; I generally like to keep the cities I build :shifty:

I tend to see England and Macedon more than anybody. Alexander in particular gets on my nerves, scoffing at me as he does.

I see Mongols, Japan, Canada and Egypt a lot since GS.

Pedro and his horrid music stalks me through nearly all my games.
Side note: I also seem to get the one/two of the same four luxuries in my all my starts (land amber, water amber, tobacco, and dyes). It truly is depressing to uncover these again and again and again.

Last edited:
Pedro and his horrid music stocks me through nearly all my games.
Side note: I also seem to get the one/two of the same four luxuries in my all my starts (land amber, water amber, tobacco, and dyes). It truly is depressing to uncover these again and again and again.

At one point, my attempt to mod in a new civ resulted in him losing all his hair. He looked like he had been the victim of some horrific accident. Not sure what exactly I did but deleting the mod attempt seem to fix it. The opposite also happened to Mvemba who became invisible apart from a floating piece of facial hair and his staff

Always Kongo .... in 90% of my games

I can't remember having a game in GS without Nubia and Cree. Cree is always trouble.

If I’m a religious Civ then I invariably meet Russia, Poland & some random Civ that doesn’t have any inherent religious bonus but carpet bombs apostles into my realm like it’s going out of style.

Also, I don’t remember the last match I had where Macedon wasn’t in it

I think it’s my confirmation bias at this point.

I do notice that leaders tend to reoccur in waves in my games. For example, Robert the Bruce hasn’t been showing up for a long time, but now I see him almost every other game.

It is interesting how people see certain leaders more often than other players. I never see Pedro in my games, but he seems to pop up in others. I wish he would, because I need competitive culture play!

For me, I seem to see England and Germany way too often. Some games, Germany is a warmonger, and in others he is a pathetic wimp who gets clobbered early. Vicki is always strong, even though England never seems to expand beyond a snaky four-city country, despite room to grow. I always have to watch Vicki.

Macedon and Georgia pop up often too, but nearly the extent I see the other two.

I'm at a point where I'm going to turn off Persia in advanced options. Every single game I've played since Gathering Storm has had Persia in it.

Norway. Always bloody Norway. Nubia also turns up in nearly all of my games.

Zulu though... I think I've met Shaka about 10 times in total (and in one of those games he attacked me in the Ancient Era and I killed him on the retaliation lol :X)

Top Bottom