Which Civ's First Look video will be released in the week of Aug 22-26

Which Civ's First Look video will be released during the week of Aug 22-26?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guandao

Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka
Which Civ's First Look video will be released next week? Vote for the one you think will be given coverage in a first look video.

There will probably be one tomorrow. There's a private video in the queue.

I'm done guessing. I'm just going to pick the one I want to see the most, Greece.

Voted Russia, as I will continue to do so until we eventually see the details there.

I want to see what Saladin is up to these days. He seems like a good candidate for a religious-based civ with some military capabilities.

I'm getting sick and tired of not getting Rome!

Actually, I may be getting a little too OCD or simply mentally ill with the anticipation. Hazard of being retired and not enough else going on in my life. Expect an October 21 cure date. :D

I'm out of guesses, so I voted for Sumer simply because it's the civ I most want to see...

Guessing India because we've known about Gandhi and the War Elephant for a while now. Rome is also a reasonable assumption though.

It looks as though Poland may be one of the DLC civs, so I'm not expecting to see them anytime soon.

That private video... So tantalizing. Hoping we get something tomorrow if possible...

Anyway, I have a hunch that they'll show us more of the series mainstays, so I picked Russia at random.

Voted Greece, because that would be cool, not because it's likely :)

Of course nobody's voting Poland as it seems to be DLC :)

Voted Greece, because that would be cool, not because it's likely :)

Of course nobody's voting Poland as it seems to be DLC :)

I wouldn't mind the Greek first look so we can finally put to bed the question on whether the civilization has multiple leaders or was split into Athenian Greece and Spartan Greece.

Vote for Greece

After 3 successive votes for Spain (because of its potential tie with religious victory), I'm more curious about the possibility of multiple leaders per civ.

I voted Rome, for the same reasons everyone has argued it will be them next for the last several weeks. And then, not to my surprise, I discovered they are again by far the most voted option; Firaxis might just keep delaying their release to build up anticipation for what is probably already the most anticipated Civ.

The Civs I am actually most interested in seeing are Norway (presumably the Civ name; the Norse would be a weird thing to call them, seeing as that is sometimes used to refer to vikings in general) and Spain, as Hardrada and Phillip are both newcomers to the series (besides Phillip being in Civ 2 apparently, but were there even leader scenes in that game? I could not find any when I googled it).

Other: Who cares? We already know.

We know who the leaders are, but not how they are depicted, how they play, or a whole number of other things. Game play is off course the most important thing!

One thing I have noticed is this; when choosing new leaders, Firaxis has in many cases not only avoided leaders from previous games, but leaders who were added by mods for Civ 5; at least so far, Phillip, Hardrada, Gorgo, Catherine De Medicis, Afonso, Trajan, Jadwiga and Hojo Tokimune have not been added to Civ 5, though I seem to remember JFD had a Phillip II civ in the works.

Top Bottom