1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get next? (Week of July 25)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SMcM, Jul 20, 2016.

?

Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get Week next?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2016.
  1. Arabia

2.8%
  2. Aztecs

8.9%
  3. Brazil

2.3%
  4. France

8.4%
  5. Germany

11.2%
  6. Greece

1.9%
  7. India

10.3%
  8. Kongo

2.3%
  9. Korea

0.9%
  10. Mongolia

0.5%
  11. Ottomans

0.5%
  12. Persia

0.9%
  13. Poland

1.4%
  14. Rome

33.2%
  15. Russia

1.9%
  16. Scythia

0.9%
  17. Spain

7.0%
  18. Sumeria

1.4%
  19. Other

3.3%
  1. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

So, this week we get China. Next week could be another more general video, something along the lines of the 'Art of civilization' video we had. But the week after that could well be another Civ reveal. What do you think will be the next civ that will be showcased?

Link to video.

I personally think Rome and Germany are likely, as we already saw their leaders in the video last week, and the Aztecs are likely, as Montezuma was name-dropped a while ago, as well as appearing as one of the pictures on the board of leaders in last weeks video. I think that they are unlikely to showcase a civilization that we only know of through the pictures on the board of leaders, and instead they will show other already revealed civilizations. Rome is probably my top pick though.

edit: People have pointed out that there was German article which talked about the Indian and Spanish civilisations. So these too are civilisations that seem like likely contenders for the next Civ showcase.

edit: Bast and DryLuigi have made suggestions about what the next video might be based on things that have been said by Ed Beach:

2. Rockhammer

Rockhammer Chieftain

Since we have all the "known" civs now, my guess would be one of the already hinted ones Germany or Rome fore example.

3. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Rome - Trajan got teased at already so it's likely they'll showcase the Romans next
    Brazil or Aztecs - would make sense geographically since we've only seen one Civ from the New World compared to four Old World civs
    Germany - Frederick kinda got teased as well but not as prominently as Trajan
    France - No real reason like with England other than being a popular Civ

4. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Warlord

I think Rome.

5. von_Wurttemburg

von_Wurttemburg Chieftain

I still think the next civ video would be in tomorrow rather than next week.

I vote for Rome.

6. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

I don't think that really is the only reason England was showcased:D! Largest empire in history, big impact on history and large market for video games probably has something to do with it as well:p!

7. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I think Aztecs, because they were shown in the video. Rome might also be a good guess.

8. UkrNixon

UkrNixon Warlord

Rome, but Germany and Aztecs are very likely too.
    Also, England was shown pretty much only because the day it was showcased was a date of Victoria's coronation :king:

9. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

10. von_Wurttemburg

von_Wurttemburg Chieftain

11. UkrNixon

UkrNixon Warlord

Only Egypt and Japan were released on the same week, America and England were on different weeks

12. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Oh, right, I hadn't noticed. I did watch the videos when they were new, but wasn't paying attention to the video release patterns.

13. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I hope there will be another civ video tomorrow. But I think there won't be.

14. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

A problem for me with the Aztecs is that Montezuma's leader-sence looked so awesome in Civ V that I feel that his appearance in this is bound to be disappointing with the limitation of 2D backgrounds and cartoon-ish leaders. Though, having said that, I did really like the look of Qin Shi Huang, easily my favorite leader-scene we have seen yet.

15. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Wasn't trying to discredit England's achievements. I was more referring to the reveal being mostly out of the blue and unexpected unlike the other videos which were dedicated to already previewed civs.
    Poor wording on my part there.

16. lacond

lacond Chieftain

the team loves to alternate between ancient and recent era leader. 1) america 2) egypt 3) england) 4) japan ( seems to be a mistake) 5) china 6) I vote for a recent leader. In my opinion they have to present some civ never seen in the first look video but always present in the base game. So I would say France!

(But I'd like to see Greece, Rome or Persia)

17. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Can't see a pattern here;

1)- Teddy- President from 1901
    3)- Cleopatra- Born 69 BC
    2)- Victoria- Queen from 1837
    4)- Japan- Shogun from 1268
    5)- China- Born 260 BC

18. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Rome, Spain or India. We saw Rome's leader teased but we've also had sneak peeks at a conquistador and an elephant unit. I voted Rome though. I think the video leak holds more water than the German article.

19. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

It seems we're due for a post-Roman European civ, sticking with my earlier guess of Germany.

20. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

Spain or India since they were already confirmed in the German article and thus are probably closer to being finished.