1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get next? (Week of July 25)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SMcM, Jul 20, 2016.

?

Which Civ's First Look Video Will We Get Week next?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2016.
  1. Arabia

2.8%
  2. Aztecs

8.9%
  3. Brazil

2.3%
  4. France

8.4%
  5. Germany

11.2%
  6. Greece

1.9%
  7. India

10.3%
  8. Kongo

2.3%
  9. Korea

0.9%
  10. Mongolia

0.5%
  11. Ottomans

0.5%
  12. Persia

0.9%
  13. Poland

1.4%
  14. Rome

33.2%
  15. Russia

1.9%
  16. Scythia

0.9%
  17. Spain

7.0%
  18. Sumeria

1.4%
  19. Other

3.3%
  1. evanaurora

evanaurora Warlord

my initial thought was Rome, but it does occur to me that it's probably not as close to done as, say, the Aztecs (which we've seen, albeit very blurrily, in-game? though I guess that could mean anything.) Rome's been "leaked" but the only real look we've got is that not-really-animated shot of Trajan. Of course, that could have been filmed anytime, and I know very little about the timeline of these things, but i'm leaning towards Aztecs or India, both of which have been confirmed through dev interviews.

i do think we're more likely to get more info on mechanics (religion, diplomacy) before we get looks at civs that are likely to feature those mechanics, which could be any, so who knows.

2. jsciv69

jsciv69 Warlord

It would not be Civilization without Mesopotamia. Sumeria led by Hammurabi or Babylon led by Nebuchadnezzar. The Hanging Gardens are a Wonder so that makes Babylon a high probability. And Since Egypt is covered, it only makes sense to include some of their ancient rivals. The Hittites, Assyrians, Sumerians, Babylonians, Persians, Carthage, Greece, and Rome fall into that catagory.

3. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

Spain, Congo or Arabia could be tied to First Look Religion
    Rome or Greece could be tied to First Look Civics
    Germany could be tied to First Look City-States
    Congo could be tied to First Look Diplomacy
    Greece or Arabia could also be tied to First Look Trade

Just some ideas on which game mechanics some civilization reveals could be tied to.

4. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

I'd defiantly say that Greece under Pericles would have some sort of connection to city-states.

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I suspect India or Spain, since those two were previewed by the German magazine and we haven't seen them yet. I hope it's Germany, though.

6. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

I suspected India, then I felt like that civ is just too notorious to get an early reveal.

So now I think Rome. I always assume Rome is one of those civs that is developed quickly for Firaxis because being the major world power for so long in that era of time, it could be useful as a balancing yard stick for other civs.

That's my speculation.

7. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

I agree Germany would be interesting, primarily because Barbarrossa is very different from any other leader choice that Germany has had for previous Civ games.

8. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

We will know if you are right today.

9. Captain Lime

Captain Lime Chieftain

Gotta be Germany - they've leaked so much about them already, I feel like that HAS to be the next civ to be revealed.

10. qwerty25

qwerty25 Prince

Honestly i hope they reveal more mechanics first. Its more interesting to hear how the games changed

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

11. SMcM

SMcM Emperor

Besides the leader, what has been leaked?

12. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Emperor

If we get a religion peak then Spain will follow, otherwise Rome would be most likely next up.

13. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Except none of the first look mechanic videos have said anything other than "unstacked cities blah blah blah agendas blah blah blah meaningful choices blah blah blah." :(

14. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Wait! No option for Georgia in the poll this time?

15. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Trajan died on the 9th of August, 117 AD. Would be the 1899th anniversary of his death. :p

That's in August...so I voted France. :)

16. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Not to be a party pooper, but do we really need one of these every week?

17. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I think we need two...

18. m15a

m15a Emperor

That's why we need more. We've known about unstacked cities and agendas for a while, but everyone (Firaxis devs, mostly) has been keeping quiet on things like religion because the reveal by 2k (marketing) was well in the future. Even if the videos vaguely discuss religion and some late game systems, we can then get details from Firaxis or maybe press if they do another preview.

19. AntoineS

AntoineS Chieftain

There are 13 weeks left before launch... and 13 civs left to discover, I´d say one a week starting with Rome (no more "the art of civ + meet the dev team" type thing on the same week).

As mentioned in some coments, and according to what Ed Beach said, they will soon talk about religion, and Christopher´s Tin soundtrack might be unveiled not too long from now either

Most importantly, I have a feeling that a new gameplay video will be released soon as well (I´d say within the next 2 weeks), followed by dev comentaries on that same video.

In the art video released last week, they were indeed looking at a gameplay video with Greg Miller and showed parts of that video several times. Apparently, it featured the exact same setup that youtubers got to play on back in May, "the first 60 turns"... something tells me it´s coming our way now.

Well, either that... or I should stop speculating and get a life, but that´s what we´re here for right?

20. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

I believe the Rome leak wasn't intentional - it was dark screen after all and editors could easily miss that. Just like the leader board bingo, or the zoom-able Aztec city name.
    It's very probable that they misunderstood the power of CSI-like intelligence here.
    So far I think the deliberate teaser is only France's chateau.. so I'm guessing France
    I want to see French players' reaction too when/if de'Medici is officially confirmed :mischief: