Which civs have expanding cores?

MrFeline

Chieftain
Which civs have cores that expand, and under what conditions? The ones that I've noticed:

• When Prussia spawns, Germany essentially becomes Austria-Hungary.
  • When China collapses, the Mongols gain some of their core.
  • Spain's core expands, though I don't know the condition.
  • When Phoenicia founds Carthage, their core moves to North Africa
Which am I missing?

Which civs have cores that expand, and under what conditions? The ones that I've noticed:

• When Prussia spawns, Germany essentially becomes Austria-Hungary.
  • When China collapses, the Mongols gain some of their core.
  • Spain's core expands, though I don't know the condition.
  • When Phoenicia founds Carthage, their core moves to North Africa
Which am I missing?

I have general ideas on some other ones:
  • When Prussia enters the Modern or Global Era, their core shrinks to lose East Prussia (i.e. Konigsberg).
  • When Japan enters the Industrial Era, their core expands beyond Honshu (Kyoto + Edo) to include Kyushu.
  • When Italy enters the Industrial Era (?), their core expands to include Southern Italy.
  • When (AI) Byzantium is reduced to X cities (or respawns), their core only includes Constantinople.
  • When the Turks conquer a city in Iran, their core moves to Iran.
  • I think France's core also expands to include Brittany at some point.

China's Cores are only in heartland, Xian, Nanjing, Beijing and Luoyang. Then, it expands into South and i think in modern era it includes Manchuria too

I think India has some sort of changing core but I'm not sure how exactly.
Spain's core expands, though I don't know the condition.
Spain's core expands to the south after the reconquista and Morocco loses it's core in Iberia.
Tibet loses its core after getting conquered but I'm not sure that counts as a lot of civs (basically all of the ancient civ like Rome) do that.

AI India has a (guaranteed?) respawn at some point after the Mughal spawn that moves their core to the west coast of India (Mumbai area)

China's Cores are only in heartland, Xian, Nanjing, Beijing and Luoyang. Then, it expands into South and i think in modern era it includes Manchuria too
China's core requires a respawn to expand. Players have to make do with the starting core, even in the modern era.

World Builder...
I meant non-cheating players aka those who accept the challenge presented by the default core.

I am guilty of core-fixing myself, but I usually do that after the UHV win.

Anyway, I think this isn't a comprehensive list yet?

I know that there is the a folder of illustrative maps somewhere in the mod folder, but the conditions are "hidden" in the python code. The "Areas.py" is detailling which civilizations are changing their cores, but afai-see not the conditionals.

How do you change cores in WB?

How do you change cores in WB?
In WB just next to "stored data" (the graph/red line icon) is "DoC Maps" (icon looks like a little map with a pencil over it). Click that then look down and click the Green icon with the circle and cross. That will reveal core area on the map for the civ you are looking at, cycle through the leader names using the drop-down menu to find your target civ. Left click to add core area, right click to delete core area. I'd post screenshots but I probably shouldn't make core-fixing that easy.

One of my first posts in this subforum was "How do I change the core area for civilizations?" thinking this was the subforum for vanilla RFC and not realizing this was a whole new and much better modmod. So glad I'm a filthy cheater or I never would have found this modmod.

Top Bottom