Which Civs/Nations do you want in the first Expansion for CivV?

hittites

1) Spain and Mongols

These. Bit surprised they weren't in the base game, actually.

Think the Norse & one of the Maya or Inca will show up soon as well.

I don't see the Mali making it in (effectively replaced by the Songhai), and would prefer no Byzantines & HRE, as they were replaced by the Ottomans & Germans.

I really want a Polynesian civ, personally.

There will probably be no HRE as germany got their Landsknecht UU.

and would prefer no Byzantines & HRE, as they were replaced by the Ottomans & Germans.

Stupid thinking there. With your reasoning we shouldn't have Iroqois and Aztecs since we have United States.

My short list is :

1) Byzantium
2) Mongols
3) Spain
4) Vikings

Stupid thinking there. With your reasoning we shouldn't have Iroqois and Aztecs since we have United States.

My short list is :

1) Byzantium
2) Mongols
3) Spain
4) Vikings

Eh, the Americas are big enough to accomodate two civs, and you could argue that the American state under Washington was mostly the eastern side of the States, so there's more than enough room the Iroquois in middle America and Canada.

The HRE, OTOH, is basically mostly Germany. Same with the Byzantines and Ottomans. Really though the main reason is I want to be able to play Earth with as many civs as possible in their correct spots.

Still, re: Byzantium, it was certainly significant, but with Greece, Rome, & the Ottomans already in the game I feel it's a bit redundant.

And 'stupid thinking'? Apologies for having an opinion.

I would like to see Byzantium, but due to lack of space, not until the last expansion.

Eh, the Americas are big enough to accomodate two civs, and you could argue that the American state under Washington was mostly the eastern side of the States, so there's more than enough room the Iroquois in middle America and Canada.

The HRE, OTOH, is basically mostly Germany. Same with the Byzantines and Ottomans. Really though the main reason is I want to be able to play Earth with as many civs as possible in their correct spots.

Still, re: Byzantium, it was certainly significant, but with Greece, Rome, & the Ottomans already in the game I feel it's a bit redundant.

And 'stupid thinking'? Apologies for having an opinion.

Nice biased opinion you have there. Keep on rolling, your twisted logic is amusing.

The HRE, OTOH, is basically mostly Germany. Same with the Byzantines and Ottomans.

You could -maybe- say that about HRE and Germany. Byzantines and Ottomans, no way :p Their cultures were very different and the Ottomans came as a result of turkish migration into byzantine lands. If you would like to remove the Byzantines, the Greecs would be a better argument, though even they would probably not be anough of an argument either ;)

And yes Spain HAVE to bee in

1. The Timurid Empire or The Mughals (as opposed to the pascifist Indians - no offence meant)

2. The Burgundians (that way all three kingdoms that Chamberlain left to his sons would be in, the French, the Germans and the Burgundians) They were actually very close to forming a new kingdom again during the fifteenth century hadn't their line died out and inherited by the Habsburgs.

3. An extra Chinese faction, for example the Manchu (just having one faction for the many people that make up the diverse nation of China seems weird) My knowledge of Chinese history isn't enough to really say anything on the matter though.

4. The Inca or Maya (we really need another American faction)

Nice biased opinion you have there.

What is your problem? Really, why does someone not thinking the Byzantines should be in bother you so much?

Actually, is it even possible to have an opinion without bias?

You could -maybe- say that about HRE and Germany. Byzantines and Ottomans, no way :p Their cultures were very different and the Ottomans came as a result of turkish migration into byzantine lands. If you would like to remove the Byzantines, the Greecs would be a better argument, though even they would probably not be anough of an argument either ;)

Geographically they're almost exactly the same, which you can't really say for the likes of the US & Iroquois (or Rome/England, for that matter). As I've said, I'd really just prefer to avoid territory duplication, just so I can fit as many civs into real earth maps as I can.

Culturally, they sprung from the Roman Empire (obviously), and the Greek civilization (in fact they were referred to as the Greek empire by contemporaries up until recently), so personally there are just a lot of other civs I'd be more interested in seeing.

Not to say that they don't have a distinct culture all their own, I just don't find it that compelling.

What is your problem? Really, why does someone not thinking the Byzantines should be in bother you so much?

Actually, is it even possible to have an opinion without bias?

Geographically they're almost exactly the same, which you can't really say for the likes of the US & Iroquois (or Rome/England, for that matter). As I've said, I'd really just prefer to avoid territory duplication, just so I can fit as many civs into real earth maps as I can.

Culturally, they sprung from the Roman Empire (obviously), and the Greek civilization (in fact they were referred to as the Greek empire by contemporaries up until recently), so personally there are just a lot of other civs I'd be more interested in seeing.

Not to say that they don't have a distinct culture all their own, I just don't find it that compelling.

Then we don't need United States, since you don't need territory duplications lol

Sorry to say so, but Iroquois and US already overlap, even if you only consider the 13 states area, and overlap is not that bad at all, because when Byzantium arrives (and trust me, they will) you could just do some easy XML work and change their capital. I mean no offense, but Firaxis will not have this in mind at all when creating their civs.

Then we don't need United States, since you don't need territory duplications lol

Ah, so you're trolling. Well done.

Sorry to say so, but Iroquois and US already overlap, even if you only consider the 13 states area, and overlap is not that bad at all, because when Byzantium arrives (and trust me, they will) you could just do some easy XML work and change their capital.

Oh, historically they do overlap, but not to the extent that the Ottoman & Byzantine empires did, as Iroquois territory reached all the way to Oklahoma, IIRC. Also, I think a large part of it is just my not liking the idea of two civs having basically the same city as a capital (Contstantinople/Istanbul).

Just for the record, I wouldn't particularly mind having the Byzantines in the game, I'd just prefer other civs to make it in first (especially a Polynesian civ).

I mean no offense, but Firaxis will not have this in mind at all when creating their civs.

None taken, and I agree. Personal preference is all.

To think of the polynesian impact of th world, then I think that there will not be a huge chance for that. However, if we get enough attention around it, we might get them to create an Indonesian civ (Majapahit Empire) led by Hayam Wuruk. Thinking of their importance as an empire in their glory days, that might be something firaxis actually -could- do. And just one thing. I think Byazantium is in the greek city list of CivIV, so there it might be representated 3 times :p

To think of the polynesian impact of th world, then I think that there will not be a huge chance for that.

Oh, I agree that there's little to no chance of that happening. Still, I'd like to see them make it, as they've never been in Civ before and they've certainly for a distinctive culture.

However, if we get enough attention around it, we might get them to create an Indonesian civ (Majapahit Empire) led by Hayam Wuruk. Thinking of their importance as an empire in their glory days, that might be something firaxis actually -could- do.

Wouldn't mind it, though SE Asia is already represented in Civ V with the Siamese.

Also, I'd imagine Firaxis already has it planned out which civs are coming in the expansions, so I doubt any attention will change their minds (unless it's really widespread).

And just one thing. I think Byazantium is in the greek city list of CivIV, so there it might be representated 3 times :p

Hahaha, well dang.

You guys do know that Byzantium was the eastern Roman empire? Sure, most of them spoke Greek, but most of the old nobility of Rome did too...

Mongols, Spain, and Vikings obviously. there also needs to be a civ to represent south america(Inca) and australia(aborgines?). they also ought to put in ethiopia, carthage, zulus and maya(all in past civ game, except australia which sorely needs a representative). also i saw in the forums people talk about holy city states. i really like this idea personally. i believe that it is incredibly important to include religion in some way, though not to the same degree as in civ 4. and the problem with mecca? in rhyes and fall mecca was makkah. there you go.

Top Bottom