1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Civs/Nations do you want in the first Expansion for CivV?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by veBear, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Vordeo

Vordeo King

Austria and Hungary getting in separately is pretty unlikely IMO. If ever I think they'll get in as either the HRE or Austria-Hungary under the Habsburgs.

I'd love to see the Indonesian empire get in, if only because it'd give Southeast Asia serious representation in the game, but I doubt it. I really really need to get around to modding soon.

There's already an Israeli/Herbrew civ mod out, though I do doubt Firaxis will pick them for an official expansion due to politics and the fact that someone out there is going to overreact whatever they do.

2. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Thinking that the Landsknecht is German UU, I think Austria-Hungary is only option.

Mee too, I really think SE Asia is underrepresentated

This might be the reason for choosing Mao year after year as a civ leader. Think of the reactions from the Chinese Government if they did in any way say that their new government was bad.

3. alvan

alvan Chieftain

Norse/Vikings:

No thanks, even though I would love to see a scandinavian nation (since Im from Sweden myself) there was no "Viking Nation" - Instead I suggest to implement Sweden! Most propable leader is: Gustaf II Adolf

4. veBear

Even if it was not directly 'one nation' it was surely one culture with a heavy impact on the world history. Thinking like that would have us to expel the Celts too. Sweden never left the same mark on history as it's Norse Culture forefather. Also, most of Scandinavia were actually gathered under Knut den Mektige (Canute). He controlled Denmark, Norway, the sole areas of Sweden, England and more.

5. Narmical

Narmical Chieftain

Gotta say NO on the Byzantines. True many westerners are blind to there contributions. However to say the Byzantiens persevered Roman culture is false. Byzantiens WERE Roman culture. The people living in Constantanople called them selves Romans, there diplomatic rivals knew them as Romans etc.

So... in the context of Civ, they are Rome, just further along the tech tree

6. Thor Macklin

Thor Macklin Warlord

Eh, Hungary and Austria are so thoroughly different and have both
    had such seperate impacts on history that they should be added as
    two separate civs. And if you think they should actually bother to add
    an indonesian civ then they should CERTAINLY add austria AND hungary.

@alvan

Being swedish myself I too understand the major differences.

And the true impacts sweden has had on history has been when it was
    INDEPENDENT of Norway.

And really in retrospect the term 'viking' is like calling a Russian a russkie.
    You just don't do it. Now since Norway is more famous for it's 'viking'
    sagas and the like, I believe that the Vikings should be added. That
    way the Copenhagen and Oslo City states could both be removed.

7. Dudu42

Dudu42 Chieftain

Call me optimistic, but I think the Spain civilization will come along with vassal state mechanic.

Would make sense to have their UA related with Vassal State or City States, although it makes more sense with vassals (colonies).

My favourite CIV? Brazil! (Guess why)
    UA; Blessed Land, +1 food in 3 food tiles and natural wonders within borders grant +4 happiness!
    Leader, D. Pedro II
    UU Fatherland's Volunteer
    UB, clueless

Ok, serious now, one Civ they should add, ALONG with Spain (and instead of Brazil, of course) is Portugal. Both of them had huge impact in the world, say, America, Africa and even Asia.
    Another Civ that I long to see are the Phoenicians, the founders of Carthage.

8. Thor Macklin

Thor Macklin Warlord

Perhaps add Phonecia with Dido and someone else as a leader so as
    to give a little more realism to having Carthage as a principle city.

Though even though I generally dislike suggestions like modern-south american
    civilizations, I do think that brazil should be added. But then again I also
    believe that columbia should be added (personal bias.)

But none the less, who agrees that a poll should be set up to agree on a
    list to submit?

9. Vordeo

Vordeo King

MONGOLIAAAAAAA~!~!~!

AND it's free. Woohoo~!!!!

Think you might've misunderstood me, IMO SE Asia is already very well represented, with Siam as a civ and KL and Singapore as city states. Geographically it's not too big an area, and though I wouldn't mind more coming that's alot.

And I'm SE Asian, for the record.

Actually, I believe they were referred to as the Greek empire, though the Roman empire itself was already very Hellenistic. Agree with you though, I wouldn't mind seeing them around or as DLC, but if I were in charge I wouldn't pick them or anything.

10. Dudu42

Dudu42 Chieftain

I suspect Brazil never will be added, except for mods.

Why? City States.
    City States seemly give a hint about Civs that wont come.

For example. Rio de Janeiro, Seoul and Oslo. Most important (at least historically) cities of Brazil, South Korea and Norway. Why not add, for example, Sevilla? Could be better maritme city than Lisboa? And whata bout Amsterdan?

Sevilla and Lisboa are out because Spain and Portugal civs are coming. Same for Amsterdan and Ducths.

Seems to me that City States also serve the purpose to do at least a mention to some civs that they dont intend to add as a playable civ in the game.

Nothing so serious, just my impression.

11. Vordeo

Vordeo King

They're an indication, but subsequent patches could simply just edit them out. If they wanted to release Seoul, for instance, just change the name of the Seoul city state to something else as part of the DLC release.

I think they did something similar with barb city names in Civ4.

12. veBear

After looking on most wanted civs I would say that the first three to make it to the Official Suggestion List is Poland, Spain and Norse. Should we start our proposal list with these three?

13. Dudu42

Dudu42 Chieftain

Poland?

No. I disagree.

Spain for sure. Inca or Maya, to represent another native from America. Actually, I think Inca were most important and represents well the pre colombian South America.

So, Spain, Inca and maybe Norse (Or a more specific civilization inside Norse group).

14. Thor Macklin

Thor Macklin Warlord

Poland, Spain, Norse, and Incas.
    Those should be the first. No question.

15. Vordeo

Vordeo King

Er... who are you actually sending this to?

Also, Poland looks really out of place there, with all due respect to any Polish posters on here. I'd have the Maya/Inca in there instead, just so South America gets representation.

16. veBear

I see... What I thought is however that we build upon that list as we go with a proposal of maybe 12 civs for firaxis. So do not worry, sure Incas shall be on the list ;)
    So apart from that, is there any disagreement with these FOUR most discussed nations?

17. Thor Macklin

Thor Macklin Warlord

Okay well I genuinely think that either Bulgaria or Serbia be added to such
    a list. but if to be realistic here, hungary and poland MUST be added.

But really I say wait for the maya.

18. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

Mao wasn't in the Chinese versions of Civ. They had Taizong instead.

19. kuj8808

kuj8808 Chieftain

I think that the Papal States (Vatican City) would be an interesting civilization.

Leader:Could be generic Pope, Peter I (as first Pope), Pope Pius XI, Pope John Paul II
    Ability: Call of the Faithful (friendlier relations with all neighboring civs) or
    Longevity (+5 Production for every 500 years a city is around)
    Unique Unit: Swiss Guard (tougher than Pikeman)
    Unique Building: Cathedral instead of temple (+4 culture and +2 happiness)

One of the problems with this, though, would be a short city list.

20. veBear

And generally to small too. Will not be on the list.

@igor
    Maos not in chinese? WOOT? :eek: