Which Civs/Nations do you want in the first Expansion for CivV?

veBear

Slumerican Citizen
Some small rules for this thread:
Here we are about to set a list to help Firaxis. To do this we need to discuss possibilities. The main goal is to actually make a compleate list of civs we want in the first expansion, thinking that we need some surprises and some superpowers. Here are our current civ list of possible ideas

Most Wanted:
Norse/Vikings - IN
Spain - IN
Inca - IN
Carthage - IN
Maya - IN

Much Wanted:
Portugal - IN
Poland - IN
Dutch - IN
Ethiopia - IN
Zulu - IN

Wanted
Polynesia
Byzantium
Sioux - OUT
Khmer
Indonesia/Majapahit - IN
Celts - IN
Korea
Dutch
Assyrians - OUT
Hebrews - OUT
Timurids OR Mughals - OUT
Austria
Hungary
Bulgaria
Aborigines OR Maori - OUT

While we have the Most Wanted: section, we surely need to have some of those others in the Second EP too, so those are open for discussion. Currently this is the list of the civs who we want in the expansion (see under here) and this list will be updated until we reach a total of 10 civs after some discussion.

CURRENT CIV LIST WITH LEADERS
Majapahit - Gajah Mada
Poland - Jan Sobieski
Maya - Pacal
Portugal - Afonso Henriques
Norse - Canute
Zulu - Shaka OR Cetshwayo
Celts - Vercingetorix OR Boudica OR Cunobelin
Carthage - Hannibal Barca (though they could always be free to surprise us with Hamilcar Barca)
Dutch - Willem van Oranje
Ethiopia - Menelik II

I agree with the Norses, but I would first pick Spain, Maya (and/or Inca) and maybe some "Aboriginal"-like civ?

I didn't like the empty places Firaxis left in the world overall but to leave Spain out was a no-no for me.

1) Spain and Mongols
2) Maya, Inca, Vikings
3) Korea, Zulu, Carthage

Byzantines as #1. I feel that most Westerners don't know enough about the Byzantine Empire to understand how important they were to history. The Byzantines preserved Roman culture and science for hundreds of years, converted the Bulgars and Slavs to Christianity, and served as a buffer against Islamic expansion by the sword into Europe when other European cultures were poorly developed and vulnerable.

The rest:

Spanish
Mongols
Vikings
Zulus
Koreans
Mayans and/or Incans

Ahh, there's always a couple of those after every new Civ, this one won't be different, I reckon :D
Ok, these are my top 7 civs that I want to see in a Expansion:

Spain - How the hell the original game shipped without them, I will never know
Mongols - Same here
Inca - Much more cultured, advanced and organized civilization than the Aztecs ever were
Malinese - Another huge empire that gets constantly underrated.
Kjmer - More important than Siam, they were more of a local superpower at the apex of their influence, IMHO
Byzantines - A civilization that shaped Europe for centuries
Koreans - In some respects they have had an even bigger influence than the Japanese if we take in account their whole history rather than the recent one

Honourable mentions:

Portugal - Herois do mar, and all that jazz
Netherlands - Small yet sturdy and powerful
Vikings (a term that loosely encomprises Norway, Sweden and Scandinavia)
Sumeria - The better, more lasting version of Babylon
Zulu - Influential, albeit short lived civ

Ethiopia, Carthage, Zululand, Beors (will never happen, but whatever)

Spain, Portugal, Celts

Mongols, Manchurians, Kjmer

Inca, Mayans, Sioux

Byzantines as #1. I feel that most Westerners don't know enough about the Byzantine Empire to understand how important they were to history. The Byzantines preserved Roman culture and science for hundreds of years, converted the Bulgars and Slavs to Christianity, and served as a buffer against Islamic expansion by the sword into Europe when other European cultures were poorly developed and vulnerable.

The rest:

Spanish
Mongols
Vikings
Zulus
Koreans
Mayans and/or Incans
This, plus Carthage would be cool as well. And personally I'd go for the Inca Empire over the Mayans, just because I want to see Terrace Farms.

I think Byzantium should be in the last of the expansions, mainly because currently we have the Ottomans using the same area of the globe. If not it would just be even less space for greece and ottomans to expand on.

Incas, Mayans and Sioux

Spain, Vikings, Portugal and Poland

Mongolia, and Korea

Ethipia, Zulu, and Morroco

Well I want the first EP to be about religion and the religious holy-states idea is the route that I want the develpors to take. But I want some of the following civs (listed in order of most desired):

- Spain
- Mali
- Inca
- Maya
- Zulu
- Australian
- Ethiopia
- Congo
- Carthage
- Afghanistan or Pakistan
- Portugal

Norse
Celts
Spain
Portugal
Zulu
And maybe an Aboriginal civ.

Sealand should at least be a city state :p

Vikings/Denmark
Mongolia
Spain
Celts
Korea
Ethiopia
Incas
Mayans
Zululand
Indonesia

Denmark!? They did not have by far the impact on the world as their Norse ancestors, so I think that for firaxis at least that's a no-go.

The Danes would represent the Norse. I just didn't want a generic "Norse" civ.

Well, having the danes as the name is as off as using the term Viking. It representates the Danish and the Danish alone, while Norse is more a term coined for the scandianvians during the Viking Age. So Danes is compleately off.

Top Bottom