Which country will start WW3 and Why?

Aiken_Drumn

Deity
Supporter
China and India have No First Use policies (thank goodness). Pakistan is the only state in the region that has threatened use of nukes in response to conventional warfare.

So, by historic precedent, a Pakistan misadventure against India would likely start the first Nuclear War. This would likely be as another high-on-testosterone low-on-strategy mini-invasion of Indian Kashmir, like in Kargil in 1999. Probably another rogue general, pissed at having been passed over for promotion.

Per Indian doctrine, counterattacks will occur with armoured strike corps, in sectors bordering Rajasthan and Punjab. Pakistan will horsehocky a brick at this, and chuck a bunch of tactical nukes at the massive Indian armoured columns advancing on Lahore and Karachi.

India will likely not respond with nukes, but will launch conventional cruise missile strikes on Pakistani strategic nuclear facilities to pre-empt an eventual Pakistani strategic strike on its cities (easier to target as less mobile than tactical nukes), wiping out most of Pakistan's strategic nuclear arsenal.

All this while, the PRC would exert increasing pressure on India to de-escalate with Pakistan. They will take the opportunity to try and annex Eastern Ladakh and what they call "Southern Tibet", while India is dealing with Pakistan. Border skirmishes will escalate to undeclared war between the PRC and India.

Pakistan would launch its remaining nuclear weapons, taking out 3-4 smaller Northern/Western Indian cities unprotected by anti-ballistic missile systems. The Indian strategic nuclear retaliation would wipe out Pakistan's military facilities and leave Pakistani cities facing terrible nuclear fallout.

The PRC would likely start chucking heavier stuff at India at this point, short of nukes, as it has large investments in Pakistan, and they would rationalize a large border war by saying India had attacked Chinese interests abroad.

As China did that, they would receive pressure from the other QUAD powers in the Pacific. This would provide them the cassus belli to take Taiwan by force - dragging in the US, Japan and Korea, and the 5 Eyes countries.

WW3.

China, or a remote controlled Russia. Though, if I were in power, I'd start it as America.

China will initiate the conflict because of it's population and how stressful it is to manage in their current landmass. Technically it hasn't taken control of other countries far away from home, whereas US/ Russia have many control points away, this is worrisome, that China may not have enough Geo-control to maintain it's superpower position.

However, there'll probably be no WW3.

ı will , because why not .

though the Russians of CFC would like to know who will be usins Russia as a proxy .

edit: Stupid tablet ...

Last edited:
China because it wants the South China Sea, consequences be damned. :mad:
Yes, but they will use north Korea, US will get nuked, n korea will cease to exist, US mortally wounded, won't retaliate against china

Yes, but they will use north Korea, US will get nuked, n korea will cease to exist, US mortally wounded, won't retaliate against china

China dosnt have as much control of its "ally" like many believe
I dont think NK would be crazy enough to cross the red line of war. It knows its military is going backwards. Last time the NK navy carried out a fleet exercise 2 of it ships sank a sign that even the military cannot escape the weakness that is affecting the entire country,

The American military-industrial complex is quite trigger happy, I wouldn't be surprised if they were ultimately responsible for some stupid conflict that turns into an all out world war. They also need blood to keep the profits coming, so they have motive

China invading Taiwan is the obvious potential catalyst for a global conflict, but IMO China won't go there if it also means destabilizing the global economy..

India and Pakistan & the middle east seem like other parts of the world where such a conflict could break out. Russia doing something stupid and invading the Baltic countries would of course lead to war, but I don't think Russia is stupid enough to try anything like that.. They'll stick to their "Huh our soldiers aren't even there" type of unconventoial warfare against their neighbours.

Oh, its all a bit Tom Clancy here. And projecting that your opponent is irrational/evil, so that forms the justificaiton for your own disproportionate response.

The American military-industrial complex is quite trigger happy, I wouldn't be surprised if they were ultimately responsible for some stupid conflict that turns into an all out world war. They also need blood to keep the profits coming, so they have motive

China invading Taiwan is the obvious potential catalyst for a global conflict, but IMO China won't go there if it also means destabilizing the global economy..
There are about 5 million people of Chinese heritage living in the USA.
It might take a while for the US to plan for their assessment and eventual expulsion and/or internment,
as well as bringing home the roughly 80k USians from (best) China. :)

How many of those people would side with China over the U.S. though? Aren't a lot of ethnically Chinese Americans 2nd+ generation? Or are you saying that tongue in cheek given what happened during WW2?

Asking because I've read elsewhere that people in China don't consider Chinese-Americans to be Chinese, for the most part. No idea how much truth there is to that

What would happen if the U.S. has to fight Mexico in a war, btw? It seems you'd have to put like half the U.S. in a camp

China already so aroused for war, keep selling wolf-ticket here and there, nuclear flexing and isolating themselves steadily.

IMO it's all a show aimed at Chinese citizens. Their government is essentially sticking a sock in their pants and walking around hoping that everybody notices how big their wang is. I really doubt they want a large scale war of any kind with the west - it would devastate their economy, not to mention it would be a challenge to win such a war in any way that would be acceptable.

The usual filth - lying UK/USA politicians.

It can only come out of massive incompetence, so yes those are the likeliest candidates if it comes to happen.

IMO it's all a show aimed at Chinese citizens. Their government is essentially sticking a sock in their pants and walking around hoping that everybody notices how big their wang is. I really doubt they want a large scale war of any kind with the west - it would devastate their economy, not to mention it would be a challenge to win such a war in any way that would be acceptable.

Yeah there's a reason they're the one big country massively rising in terms of living conditions, economic influence and even cultural influence. They're the big one with the most competent government currently. Like it or not. Covid showed that to anyone who might still doubt - and I had. No more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom