Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
It would be cool to get some Civ5/G&K regulars posting their birth decade. I went back about 10 pages and didn't recognize anyone.

Seeing people posting from 8 years ago is strange... there was one comment about a member saying they were only 11; they'd be at least 18 now.

As for me I'd fall in the 1980's category (albeit barely).

I'm surprised that anyone here is born in the 2000s since you need to be at least 13 to have an account here...

I'm surprised that anyone here is born in the 2000s since you need to be at least 13 to have an account here...

Folks open accounts for their kids.

And, of course, kids lie. :lol:

80s child here. Civ II was the first strategy game that really sucked me in. Up until that point it had been playing mostly Dark Castle and Sonic the Hedgehog, that sort of thing.

It would be cool to get some Civ5/G&K regulars posting their birth decade. I went back about 10 pages and didn't recognize anyone.

:confused: I saw quite some names of Civ5 regulars on the pages 46-48 :dunno:.

Born in 1991. I started with Civ 2 playing on my truly pathetic PC back around an year after Civ 3 came out, which was way beyond my computer's reach. Even though I don't think I ever truly understood the rules of the game and mostly followed what my advisors told me, to this day my first game of Civ 2 was one of the most stunning gaming experiences of my life. When I was even younger my favourite game was Age of Empires. I would build my small base and advance through the ages all the while imagining I was ruling an actual civilization. Warfare didn't interest me nearly as much as setting up my base. And here comes a game that actually lets me build an entire civilization from scratch, found cities, engage in diplomacy (something I had never seen in a game before) and research dozens of technologies, and all of this spanning more than 6000 years? To say that it blew me away would be an understatement.

Over the years I grew tired of conventional RTS games and nowadays I play mostly old and new WRPGs and the occasional german adventure (those are just amazing btw), but I never got tired of Civ. And unless they completely ruin the series, I probably never will.

On a side note, does anyone else miss the throne room/castle building and city view from the 2D civs? I understand why those were removed and they never had any influence on the game whatsoever, but I just loved to watch my city grow and to decorate my throne room the way I like it, it really immersed me in the otherwise graphics-wise pretty bare-bone game.

Born 1990: Started playing Civ3 when i was Eleven. Missed out on Civ4 because my PC sucked, but I updated in 2010 finally, and went from playing Civ3 for YEARS to Civ5. The first thing that really struck me as new and progressive was 1 unit per tile, and a far more stripped down set up, and of course THE LEADER PAGES. They still make my mouth water, and I find myself thinking about people's personalities in what their leader page would look like :D

Interesting thread. The results of the poll are about what I'd expect.

I'm an 80s baby - 1986 to be precise, which makes me... coming up to 26. Ugh.

1977 here.

A kid when I started playing civ, now married and expecting a baby next september... meaning I've got 3 months to try G&K out, then it's over, so says my wife

hehe I remember that i filled in this poll something like 5 years ago but I never wrote anything XD

So, uhm, I was born in 1989. Now I'm 23 but I started playing civ3 when I was 15 I think.

And, what does this thread has to do with Gods and Kings ? Or is this a targeting campaign from the company ?

It's one of the big general threads, which are always in the newest part of the forums ;).

On a side note, does anyone else miss the throne room/castle building and city view from the 2D civs? I understand why those were removed and they never had any influence on the game whatsoever, but I just loved to watch my city grow and to decorate my throne room the way I like it, it really immersed me in the otherwise graphics-wise pretty bare-bone game.

Yeah, I miss the Throne Room from Civ2 (not so much the palace from Civ3, oddly enough). They were distractions, usually more annoying than not, but they added a bit of whimsy. Right now, most of the fun comes with interacting with other leaders (and having Harald put on his helmet while declaring war), but there used to be a bunch of different things.

And, what does this thread has to do with Gods and Kings ? Or is this a targeting campaign from the company ?
It's a reminder of the longevity of this forum and ebb and flow of gamers who have spent time here. And since it records birth decades, it never gets outdated.

Welcome to all our new players! :)

Moderator Action: Thanks Cami, the move and bump was well timed (and needed).

Born 1998 first civ game was civ rev due to i always played ps3 saw civrev played it loved it tryed finding other civ games learning that civ games were computered so the first civ game that is computered was civ 5 so i never played civ 4 and its expansion but since i played civ 5 i could never go back to squares or stacking but other wise currently 14.

1978 here.

I just realized that I've been at CFC for over ten years.. I used to be one of the young ones here :(

I voted for the 70's, but I want to change it to the 80's (I wish I was 10 years younger).

Top Bottom