Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Colonization

Votes: 53 45.3%
  • I loved them both and could never decide; sorta like Picard or Kirk...hmm

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I'm pathetic; I didn't like either

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
I think the same as you Caine, but civ II was best and longest played game. But there was some ideas in Col1, which aren't reappear in Col 2.

i prefer colonization as well

...The original Colonization had it's hard core fans but it came and went pretty fast..and I think it took almost 14 years for a sequel mainly because of that....

I think it took 14 years because colonization bankrupted MicroProse... at least that was my impression at the time.

Who here remembers the colonization TV commercials with the indians and the 'You Decide' tagline?

Wagon automation makes all the difference in the world to colonization. The Wagon Tycoon market has been severely under served all these years!

Colonization by far. Fountains of Youth were the bomb! If you lucked out and got 2 or 3 of them it was a huge advantage.

I like (liked?) Civ 1 more, but colonization was loads of fun too. Just a thought... because this is in the colonization forum it'll have a lot more colonization fans, yes? ;)

And as a side note I prefer Jean-Luc Picard over Captain Kirk, but I grew up watching a lot of TNG and I might also prefer him simply because there's roughly twice as much TNG in hours when compared to TOS. (TNG=The Next Generation. TOS=The Original Series for all you non-trekkies.)

Col,just.I have fondest memories of it.Civ 1 was awesome though.
And its Sisko > Picard > Kirk btw :)

As noted by your DS9 Avatar. Good stuff by the way, but I'd have to put Picard over Sisko even though I prefer DS9 over TNG. (DS9=Deep Space 9, and if your wondering what TNG stands for then go back and read my last post)

Also, look! I'm Geordie - :scan:

Top Bottom