Which early game barbarian unit do you hate the most?

Bears for me....Spiders and Griffins can be irritating, but I find their use should you capture them outweighs the pain they can cause to early exploration. With Bears there will often be a mini horde all waiting to pounce. Even if your scout defies the odds, theres a likelihood there'll be another who's smelt his/her blood...

Just because people mangle the language doesn't mean there's not a language there somewhere...

It's a word that was much more commonly used before the spelling in English was standardized (something that happened much more recently than most people realize). Griffin is certainly a correct spelling, but there are legitimate alternative spellings like Gryphon.

English has changed quite a bit over the last few hundred years. We lost the split between formal/informal versions of you. We lost a whole lot of irregular verbs ("helped" used to be "halp"). All of those things were decried in their day as the death knell of English, I'm sure.

"I beseech thee; pray, tell what is a 'lolcatz'?"

Stupid, stupid spiders. :mad:

I actually like Griffins - I usually pick up Circumnavigation from a Griffin. :)

Also, Griffins can snipe at mages and other low strength units for the entire game. I've even sent them against cities on occasion.

I like how they can hide in mountains, attack then retreat back to the mountain to heal :)

I hate spiders due to my unreliable playing schedule. I'll usually feed a spider that lurks just outside my borders until it is unstoppable. Then come back a to play a few days later, having forgotten completely about the spider, only to lose more units. And I rarely prioritize hunting so I have to waste production on more scouts just to combat them effectively.
I usually place a sign when I lose a unit to a spider, so I don't forget there is one in that area.

For me, I'd say I hate multiple-move barbarians the most, because I sometimes miss or forget their presence and end up losing what should have been an easily protected worker.

I hate multi-move barbs that nab workers on the edge of my culture with one move. :(

Those who play Orbis will agree that the Sea Serpent is the most hated. With a 9 strength and a 3 movement, they terrorize the oceans and sweep in out of the FOW to sink your ships and drown your armies.

Top Bottom