1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which FfH leader would run the most/least pleasent empire to live in?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Monkeyfinger, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Cuteunit

Cuteunit Danse Macabre

I'm putting my vote in for Really Good. If your worst problem is ennui, you still have all the time in the world to solve it.

2. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

I would risk it for the possibility of infinite worlds to explore and watch develop and subtly influence. It would be pretty good.

3. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

I wouldn't. I find manipulation as very fun (espescially of people) but endless worlds and endless manipulations would get infintly boring, and I would send myself to Arwan.

Elohim is definelty a keeper.

4. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

Endless new, unimaginable worlds! Curiosity would drive me through. I love ancient cultures, and the way races change and develop over time and how everything in a constant flux, ever-evolving subtly into something new. The way all these tiny changes (the first person to figue out clay could be made into a jar, or the first group of homo sapiens to need to move away from their group and head across Africa) influence the rest of history in such a massive way is so awing.
    Incidentally, I do want to be a historical linguist. ;)

5. wilboman

wilboman Hibernorse Frost Giant

The people who choose to become Sidar, are extremely cerebral (remember, they live most pleasures of the flesh behind). I imagine it would be hard for them to get "bored" within a reasonable (say, 1000 years) amount of time. They could explore one project to its extreme, then do something new.

I'd love to be a Sidar - even killing myself as a result of boredom after thousands of years of pursuing any project that catches my fancy is better than most alternatives.

6. Kjaaly

Kjaaly Chieftain

Now that I think about it... It's the perfect choice! Get trained as an Amurite, journey around a bit, stopping at the Grigori to pick up some of their philosophies, and then finally become a shade, so I can harness my magical powers and develop my philosophies for thousands of years!

Only problem will be theories regarding the things they've left behind. Still, imagine spending thousands of years gaining knowledge, knowledge, and pure knowledge! Then you could, when you feel you have nothing left to learn, journey around, educating creatures of the other races. It would take a very long time before I'd pay Arawn a visit.

7. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

The details of being a shade are a bit vague... do they really get a perfect memory? More likely the early decades or centuries fade from their minds, at least specifics. Also, I imagine the perspective of timelessness would tend to make the present seem less urgernt, with days and weeks passing without notice... anyway, I wouldn't assume it is completely without side effects.

8. Kjaaly

Kjaaly Chieftain

That's why you start as a mage. Some spells should at least somewhat hinder the memory loss.

9. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

10. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

There are other ways to become immortal in Erebus that just becoming a shade...A vampire could devote themselves to projects or knowledge just as easily as a shade could. Apparently they do to some extent as vampires can cast spells. Unlike shades they don't give up all the pleasure of the body. And if the vampires in the Age of Ice could live on only a few drops of blood, then they don't necessarily have to kill people to go on living...Do Erebusian vampires lose something morals by being a vampire, or is it that only immoral people become them? If so why can the Calabim become good? If one could be a vampire without being a monster, then I think I'd choose that over being a shade any day.

11. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

A vampire can act how ever he/she wants to. They don't have to be ruthless killing machines but that's usually what gets them "promoted" in the first place. But all in all no matter what they are like they still have to kill to survive.

12. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

Why do they have to though? Their pedia entry says that they lived through the Age of Ice by hunting to provide for humans, who in exchange gave them "a few drops of blood" I'm not sure if that's meant literally as a few drops of blood, or if it means one or two of the weakest members... If it's literal then they wouldn't have to kill, because losing a few drops of blood won't kill you. I don't know what Kael intended though, so i could quite easily be wrong

13. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That pedia does sound like it means they could live without killing others, but it has elsewhere been stated that they don't actually feed on blood but on souls. It is more doubtful that they could feed on only a portion of one's soul and leave them healthy.

14. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Chieftain

Reread Alexis's entry. Vampires explicitly consume the souls of normal humans to survive, which makes them worse than murderers. Granted, Flauros's entry has him leaving the victim alive for another aristocrat, but he also notes that he likes eating virgins right as they're defiled. I interpreted his entry to mean that he was eating a portion of her soul, which would explain why he tastes the flavor of an abstract concept like innocence (or maybe he's just a sadistic bastard. Probably both). I doubt that girl would have been able to live a normal life afterwards, even if she wasn't immediately finished off by a lesser noble.

15. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Chieftain

Kael said that Alexis's first soul eating was a very crude, imperfect affair that was way, way before the vampires had perfected their feeding rituals. I don't think the vampires have to do that anymore, nor did they during the age of ice.

Doesn't the Sidar shadification process do some sort of irreversible damage to the person independent of the fact that they now can only die through violent means? Thought it rendered them physically incapable of really enjoying what they do, or something.

16. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Basically Shades consume their own souls and Vampires consume the souls of their victims to gain immortality.

17. Love

Love Chieftain

Kuriotates would be nice and infernal is just a bunch of demons so it shouldnt be nice.

18. MayNilad Man

MayNilad Man Chieftain

I'd go for the Khazad. They've got craftmanship, and I'd do well as an apprentice and maybe even a master artisan there.

19. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

does that mean that a vampire could act like a ghost buster to a sidar shade?

20. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

Probably, that's why they hate them so much.