Which Films have you seen lately? 19 - Get Your Film's Name Outta Your Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Wonderland: 7.5/10

Shaun of the Dead: 6/10

Alice Through the Looking Glass: 4.5/10

I also did a rewatch of Terminator (8/10) and Terminator 2 (4/10). Really not sure why the second is everyone's favourite.

oh yeah , the Thor movie where in the name of gender equality they kill the woman , supposedly do nothing with the guy and reportedly do nothing with ghe person called King Valkyre or whatever . Who must be neither this or that genderwise and be the one where Thor fights against Hulk as a Gladiator ; also involves Cate Blanchett . You see , merely rumours . Since being a movie ı have been banned to spend money on .

as for the Original Top Gun , yeah the Pentagon had to have a little shock or two where the victorious lot from the Desert Storm actually tried to rape USN officers . Woke ? That's where its power comes from .

Prey - I agree with @EgonSpengler that the filming, action, and setting were all great and made the film an enjoyable watch. What I didn't like were the basically all the supporting characters. The Comanche hunters were all arrogant a-holes. The French trappers were sadistic, arrogant a-holes. The film is serious and mostly realistic but the stereotypical, one-note support characters felt out of place

I also did a rewatch of Terminator (8/10) and Terminator 2 (4/10). Really not sure why the second is everyone's favourite.
Just for the record, all that stealth upvoting of old posts of mine in archived threads… you've been upvoting the posts made in bad taste then? Because if they're stuff that you do like, God help us.

I haven't heard one good thing about it. :lol:
Yeah, my reaction to the first half of the film was "This is bad". It was just too stupid and intentionally so. It was almost like they were going for "so bad its good", but then they didn't commit to it and tried to get serious'ish with the back half of the movie... and by "serious'ish" I mean like a standard Guardians movie (think Thor: Ragnarok). I mean they sort of pull off the recovery with the back half, but then you're left feeling... "WTF did I just watch?":confused:

It was a little surreal, in the beginning, because they do that bit again that they did in Ragnarok where they have actors doing a stage play, depicting Loki's death, but instead this time, its depicting Odin's death and Hela's arrival, with Matt Damon as Actor Loki, Luke Hemsworth as Actor Thor, Sam Neill as Actor Odin, Melissa McCarthy as Actor Hela and Idris Elba as Actor Heimdall. Of course they are all overacting and being corny, because that's the point, its part of the gag, but the problem is that Chris Hemsworth and the rest of the actors playing the "real" in-universe Thor, Guardians, etc., are all intentionally acting just as corny and overacting everything just as badly as the "actors" playing them in the play.

That's why I say it borders on intentional self-parody, because you have actors in a movie, playing stage actors, that are playing superheroes, that are of course make believe characters but its in a play about in-universe "real life" events all depicted in a movie where the actors playing the superheroes are behaving as if they are bad stage actors putting on a play of their own "real life" where they are exaggerating and overacting the very superheroes they are supposed to actually be.

It was bad and just came off as complete ridiculous nonsense... like they couldn't decide whether they wanted the movie to be a superhero action, comedy or parody film, or some kind of balance between those. It was like they kept changing their mind about what kind of film they were doing. Thinking about it some more, I think my 6 out of 10 might have been a little generous. There were some legitimately funny parts of the movie, but it was overall not very good.

Last edited:
Alice in Wonderland: 7.5/10

Shaun of the Dead: 6/10

Alice Through the Looking Glass: 4.5/10

I do not understand such a low note on Terminator 2 ? Only 4/10 It's Your opinion and I definitely don't want to interrupt that (but I really want to know xD) . It's one of my fav of all times You see and I am offered no explanation as to why the low note - please , if You want, tell me why Terminatior 2 earned a lowly 4 on Your scale. Me , myself I prefer Terminator 1 , which is IMHO far superior to T2 but we all have our tastes and I am not attacking You, just curious , so please do tell why T2 is so low ? It's eating me !

I do not understand such a low note on Terminator 2 ? Only 4/10 It's Your opinion and I definitely don't want to interrupt that (but I really want to know xD) . It's one of my fav of all times You see and I am offered no explanation as to why the low note - please , if You want, tell me why Terminatior 2 earned a lowly 4 on Your scale. Me , myself I prefer Terminator 1 , which is IMHO far superior to T2 but we all have our tastes and I am not attacking You, just curious , so please do tell why T2 is so low ? It's eating me !
At the least it deserves to be an equal with "Shaun of the Dead" IMHO ;)

Yup think i wrote that some time ago, T2 remains interesting but the story feels overblown with many distractions.
But i would still rate it around 6.

T1 9.5 for me ;)
Exactly I would to put it on par with "Shaun of the Dead" T2 I mean , T1 is definitely the best !

I mean TECH NOIR ! (In T1 ) ! ^^

And ... "I'll be back " ..... it's Legendary...

Prey starts out strong with enjoyable scenery, atmo and an especially likeable dog.
Felt really fluid and paced.

But gets weaker gradually..i wasn't on board with all the white men nonsense anymore, for example.
Movies should be judged as whole so i cannot understand the partly raving critics. It's evolving into borderline nonsense.
5/10 maybe..i was hoping for much more after the solid first ~30 mins.

Yeah, my reaction to the first half of the film was "This is bad". It was just too stupid and intentionally so. It was almost like they were going for "so bad its good", but then they didn't commit to it and tried to get serious'ish with the back half of the movie... and by "serious'ish" I mean like a standard Guardians movie (think Thor: Ragnarok). I mean they sort of pull off the recovery with the back half, but then you're left feeling... "WTF did I just watch?":confused:

It was a little surreal, in the beginning, because they do that bit again that they did in Ragnarok where they have actors doing a stage play, depicting Loki's death, but instead this time, its depicting Odin's death and Hela's arrival, with Matt Damon as Actor Loki, Luke Hemsworth as Actor Thor, Sam Neill as Actor Odin, Melissa McCarthy as Actor Hela and Idris Elba as Actor Heimdall. Of course they are all overacting and being corny, because that's the point, its part of the gag, but the problem is that Chris Hemsworth and the rest of the actors playing the "real" in-universe Thor, Guardians, etc., are all intentionally acting just as corny and overacting everything just as badly as the "actors" playing them in the play.

That's why I say it borders on intentional self-parody, because you have actors in a movie, playing stage actors, that are playing superheroes, that are of course make believe characters but its in a play about in-universe "real life" events all depicted in a movie where the actors playing the superheroes are behaving as if they are bad stage actors putting on a play of their own "real life" where they are exaggerating and overacting the very superheroes they are supposed to actually be.

It was bad and just came off as complete ridiculous nonsense... like they couldn't decide whether they wanted the movie to be a superhero action, comedy or parody film, or some kind of balance between those. It was like they kept changing their mind about what kind of film they were doing. Thinking about it some more, I think my 6 out of 10 might have been a little generous. There were some legitimately funny parts of the movie, but it was overall not very good.
A bit of a spoiler in this. :) Although I suppose it isn't a big deal.

I was not excited when I heard about the new Thor movie. Disappointed to hear that the lack of excitement is warranted. Thor: Ragnarok was a work of art. One of my favourite comedies. But I also hated Guardians, and I in general do not find Portman to be a good actress.

This new phase of Marvel has been... something. Not DC level, but certainly not their best.

It;s a piece of the band known as "Trynglez" , the tittle is "Burning in the third degree" - if anyone is interested .....

All hail Terminator 1 , which is more superior to Terminator 2 , both would kick Your ass though .... xD Just saying .... ;)

She made 2 mistakes (Sarah Connor): 1 - Telling him where she is, 2 - Trusting the Police

Thor: Ragnarok was great and mixed the comedy and action nicely. Have not seen the new one yet. It'll be interesting how they make Portman into a Thoress as she is fairly wee.

I like T2 a lot. Obviously, T1 is an all-time classic. I think the lower budget actually enhances it and the setting adds to its charm. Whereas, T2 had a much higher budget and seems somewhat a victim of its time maybe. (I did a rewatch of 1-3 recently on a lazy day) Still, I think it holds up fairly well. T3 I still found entertaining but the premise was sketchy. They tried to create some kind of backstory for Connor since the T2 period and it left him a bit unsympathetic and ...well...pathetic ha.

The kid is really annoying. Sarah Connor is really annoying too. Wasting away in a psych ward because she failed at being a terrorist is lame.

T1 is definitely the best !
No
And ... "I'll be back " ..... it's Legendary...
Yes
A bit of a spoiler in this. :) Although I suppose it isn't a big deal.
Oh noes! What me spoil?:confused: My are sorry!:sad:
All hail Terminator 1 , which is more superior to Terminator 2 , both would kick Your ass though .... xD Just saying .... ;)
Yes and No and Yes. T2 is the best by far. It is known. T1 is nevertheless awesome. Both movies are in the 9 - 10 range already.
Thor: Ragnarok was great and mixed the comedy and action nicely. Have not seen the new one yet. It'll be interesting how they make Portman into a Thoress as she is fairly wee.
She is not wee in this film. She has been eating her Wheaties to play Thor, and she fills out the armour.

The kid is really annoying. Sarah Connor is really annoying too. Wasting away in a psych ward because she failed at being a terrorist is lame.

The terrorist plot is irrelevant. The psych ward plot exists to explain how Sarah and John became estranged to each other. John literally regards his mother as crazy when we first meet him.

The entire film revolves around the reconciliation of mother and son, with Arnie playing the 'father' role model that John never had in his life.

The terrorist plot is irrelevant. The psych ward plot exists to explain how Sarah and John became estranged to each other. John literally regards his mother as crazy when we first meet him.

The entire film revolves around the reconciliation of mother and son, with Arnie playing the 'father' role model that John never had in his life.
I agree. That whole scene could have been in a prison instead of a locked psychiatric facility, but I think that would change the atmosphere a little.

The main reason for the psych ward plot, imo, is that it enables the breakout scene. (Again, this could be done if the setting was a prison, but I think the psychiatric hospital was the better choice. If nothing else, it's slightly more plausible that John and the Terminator could break in, and that all three could then break out.) There needed to be a scene showing the audience how tough Sarah has become since the first film, and it helps to see her fighting regular people, as a gauge of her prowess and ferocity. This also helps us understand that the T-1000 is more dangerous than the Terminator in the first film; Sarah has "leveled up", but so has SkyNet. We also get to see the T-1000 flowing through the bars, a cool visual that shows off the then-new SFX technology. We also see the doctor from the first movie realizing that Sarah's not crazy. That whole section of the movie is flipping amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom