Which Films have you seen lately? Number K'. Someone was spreading lies about Joseph 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Tap was just okay. Zoey Deutch was friggin' hilarious though, by far the highlight of the movie. I've never seen her in anything before. Is she always that fun/funny? Everything else about the movie was pretty routine, executed well enough to be entertaining while I was watching it, but not as memorable as the first movie. Trivia for fans of '80s movies: Deutch is Lea Thompson's daughter.
Dang you! You started me on a long TVTropes wiki-walk.

But yes, the original Zombieland film more or less covered everything. The new characters (not just Zoey Deutch) are a great addition that keeps it just fresh enough.

Mars Attacks! was ok, but a bit of a letdown for a Burton movie, and the stellar cast. It was just missing something I can't quite put my finger on. It was a nice nod to old B sci-fi movies though.

Mars Attacks! was ok, but a bit of a letdown for a Burton movie, and the stellar cast. It was just missing something I can't quite put my finger on. It was a nice nod to old B sci-fi movies though.
Yeah, it never really had much of a story or plot going.
It had a stellar cast but it also had quite poor characters.

Yeah, it never really had much of a story or plot going.
It had a stellar cast but it also had quite poor characters.
Ack?

A wounded fawn.

1686186939965.png

@Fippy ,@EvaDK , other weird horror lovers ^^

Edit: actually, now watched (with a lot of fast forwarding) to the bitter end, and can say the movie is trash. Had some semblance of style for the first half an hour.

Last edited:
My weekend rewatch, by way of a musical cue:

Just about a perfect movie, and one that I think probably transcends its genre, for non-genre fans.
Spoiler :
Thor: Ragnarock (2017)

iirc, the MCU missed a trick: When Thor makes his grand entrance at the Battle of Wakanda in Avengers: Infinity War, he arrives to part of Alan Silvestri's Avengers score. Ragnarock was released in the Fall of 2017 and Infinity War in the Spring of 2018, so they must have been in production more or less simultaneously. The folks working on Infinity War might not have known that Waititi was using "Immigrant Song" until they saw Ragnarok, at which point maybe it was too late to get the song for their movie, too. Oh well. It would have been a great callback, and I think this song made for a better epic moment, when Thor literally rides the lightning into Hela's army.

Also, having seen Love and Thunder now, it's even harder to fathom why they didn't bring the same writers back.

SURTUR: When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame, I shall be restored to my full might! I will tower over the mountains, and bury my sword deep in Asgard's..!
THOR: Hang on... Give it a second... I swear, I'm not even moving. It's just doing this on its own. I'm really sorry.
SURTUR: [deep sigh]
THOR: Okay, so where is this crown?
SURTUR: _This_ is my crown. It is the source of my power!
THOR: Oh, that's a crown. I thought it was a big eyebrow.
SURTUR: It's a crown!

And that's just the first scene. The visual gags are brilliant too, such as when Thor pins the dragon to the ground by dropping Mjolnir in its mouth, or when he's struggling to reassemble the Jenga-like display of throwing knives in Dr. Strange's sanctum. :lol:

TOPAZ: Sir! The slaves have broken free and are arming themselves.
GRANDMASTER: You know I don't like that word.
TOPAZ: Sorry, sir. The prisoners-with-jobs have broken free and are arming themselves.

:lmao: Gold.

Also, Cate Blanchett. :love:

Remember that the crane kick was technically illegal!

‘Gladiator’ sequel on-set accident injures ‘several crew members’​

By Dan Heching, CNN
Published 2:33 PM EDT, Sat June 10, 2023

[IMG alt=[URL]https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/230610142625-gladiator-film-2000-restricted.jpg?c=16x9&q=h_720,w_1280,c_fill[/img][/URL]
Joaquin Phoenix and Russell Crowe in "Gladiator" (2000)
Moviestore/Shutterstock
CNN —

An accident on the set of the next “Gladiator” film – the sequel to the best picture Oscar winner from 2000 – injured multiple people involved in the production. “While filming a planned stunt sequence on the set of the Gladiator sequel, an accident occurred during which several crew members experienced non-life-threatening injuries,” a spokesperson for Paramount Pictures shared in a statement to CNN on Saturday. “The safety and full medical services teams on-site were able to act quickly so that those who were impacted immediately received necessary care. They are all in stable condition and continue to receive treatment,” the statement continued.

Variety, which was first to report the news, detailed that six people in total received treatment for burn injuries after the accident, which took place on the film’s set in Morocco. “The well-being of the cast and crew is of the utmost importance to us, and we have strict health and safety procedures in place on all our productions. We will continue monitoring the situation and taking all necessary precautions as we resume production,” the Paramount spokesperson’s statement added. The “Gladiator” sequel is being directed by Ridley Scott, who helmed the first film. That movie starred Russell Crowe, who netted a best actor Academy Award for the role.

The new film will welcome back returning “Gladiator” cast members Connie Nielsen and Derek Jacobi, and will feature franchise newcomers Paul Mescal, Pedro Pascal, Denzel Washington and “Stranger Things 4” breakout star Joseph Quinn.
The film is slated for a November 2024 release.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you have a sequel to a film in which both the lead, the mentor and the villain died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom