Which Films have you seen lately? Number K'. Someone was spreading lies about Joseph 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyriakos

Creator
Last edited:
The Wonder (2022) is very good. Good cast giving good performances. I really liked the cinematography and especially the score. Movie trivia: The actresses who play Anna and her mother are mother and daughter.

Watching Cτaλκeρ

1668978894191.png

The military intervention against the Zone didn't go very well.

Watched Stalker. Wouldn't claim I liked it - it had 1,5 moments, imo. But I did notice already a motif, existent also in the same director's Solaris.
And not a motif I like, really; namely he presents a final note, unexpectedly, in the very ending scenes. At least in Solaris it was more memorable :)

I watched The Gray Man. It was a really good action flick. Ryan Gosling was awkward in the beginning but found his footing as the movie progressed. Good supporting cast, and Chris Evans fit well in his role. 9/10.

I also finally watched Morbius! I... didn't hate it. 6.5/10. Leto was the worst part of the movie, along with questionable plot/pacing choices. But the surrounding cast was good. The choice for antagonist was particularly great, and I usually don't like that actor. The post-credits scene was... silly.

I watched The Gray Man. It was a really good action flick. Ryan Gosling was awkward in the beginning but found his footing as the movie progressed. Good supporting cast, and Chris Evans fit well in his role. 9/10.
:yup: Really well shot, most scenes easy on the eye (even letters on screen).
I can forgive a lot in movies that flow along flawless.
Maybe 8/10 cos i reserve 9&10 for special ones, but certainly in that area.

Checking RT (doing that too often yup..), the huge difference between critics (low score) and viewer ratings (90%) really tells something here. I still appreciate the pace entertainment factor..

Favourite quote: "I really don't like you."
"Glad we are on the same page!"

:yup: Really well shot, most scenes easy on the eye (even letters on screen).
I can forgive a lot in movies that flow along flawless.
Maybe 8/10 cos i reserve 9&10 for special ones, but certainly in that area.

Checking RT (doing that too often yup..), the huge difference between critics (low score) and viewer ratings (90%) really tells something here. I still appreciate the pace entertainment factor..

Favourite quote: "I really don't like you."
"Glad we are on the same page!"
"Will someone please shoot the man handcuffed to a bench!"

For some reason, The Gray Man's Rotten Tomatoes User Score - 3.7 out of 5 - is much higher than its Metacritic User Score - 5.9 out of 10. RT gets a ton more traffic than Meta, though, so there are something like 10x more user ratings on RT, but I'm more in line with the Metacritic users on this one.

Also, just wondering, if The Gray Man rates a 8-9, what's the score for Atomic Blonde, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, or Mad Max: Fury Road?

Well we usually don't have the same taste in movies or series.
My ratings for stuff like Peripheral, The English, Prey, Kimi, HotD, Dune etc. might insult most peoples here ;)
I didn't think much of Mad Max FR iirc.

Also, just wondering, if The Gray Man rates a 8-9, what's the score for Atomic Blonde, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, or Mad Max: Fury Road?
I haven't seen the first, but I don't think I've ever given a Mission Impossible over 6, and I couldn't tell you which of them I've seen since it all happened before 2019 (so I didn't see Fallout).

Mad Max was... hm. Again, I watched it before I started tracking things (I started tracking movies after 2019). I vaguely recall not being impressed by it.

Please keep in mind I also thought Transformers was amazing. :lol: Not... the Wahlberg ones. The ones with Shia LaBeef.

I didn't think much of Mad Max FR iirc.
Mad Max was... hm.
Lunatics. Hm? What? I didn't say anything. Must've been somebody else. :p

Please keep in mind I also thought Transformers was amazing. :lol: Not... the Wahlberg ones. The ones with Shia LaBeef.
I think I saw Bumblebee, the one with Hailee Steinfeld and John Cena. I remember thinking it was better than I expected it to be.

China Clears Disney On ‘Avatar’ Sequel
BY ROBBIE WHELAN

Chinese authorities have notified Walt Disney Co. that “Avatar: The Way Of Water” will be released in China on Dec. 16, the same day as it is slated to be released globally, according to people familiar with the matter. Executives at Disney and at movie-theater chains had been closely watching for a decision from Chinese censors on the movie, director James Cameron’s sequel to the 2009 science fiction epic. It will be distributed by Disney- owned 20th Century Studios.

The last seven superhero films produced by Marvel Studios, Disney’s most profitable film studio over the last decade, haven’t received release dates in the Chinese market, a block that dented their global box-office gross. In July, for example, Disney cited the lack of a China release for “Thor: Love and Thunder,” the fourth solo film featuring Chris Hemsworth’s Thor character from the popular Avengers superhero team, as one reason the movie underperformed at the international box office Disney and other Holly-wood studios have run up against Chinese censors in recent years, especially when their movies deal with sensitive political themes or when actors or directors make statements that Chinese authorities find objectionable.

Two recent Marvel films were blocked from release in China after comments that the Chinese government viewed as insulting, made by the director of one movie and a star actor of the other, were unearthed and circulated in the country.
While Disney hasn’t revealed the “Avatar” sequel’s budget, Mr. Cameron, the director, said in a recent interview in GQ magazine that the “Avatar” sequel was “the worst business case in movie history” and that it would have to be the third- or fourth-highest grossing film in history just to break even. Disney has said that it plans to make five “Avatar” movies in total.

“This is fantastic news for Disney, for James Cameron and for the movie, because the potential box office from China is enormous,” Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Comscore, said Tuesday.

For a second there, I thought that somebody'd made a sequence to the ATLA live-action film.

Bullet dodged.

Where the Crawdads Sing. Pretty easy 1/10 here. I made it about twenty minutes before calling it quits. Just so incredibly boring and uncompelling.

Doom Annihilation. Did you know they made another Doom movie? I didn't. This is a 6.5. It was okay. Terrible acting. Bad ending. But it's a video game movie, so, y'know.

Doom Annihilation. Did you know they made another Doom movie? I didn't. This is a 6.5. It was okay. Terrible acting. Bad ending. But it's a video game movie, so, y'know.
I already mentioned it a few months ago! It nears so-bad-it's-good territory.

The Menu

Some of the creative talent behind Succession attempt to excoriate narcissist chefs and elitist food connoisseurs and gastronomers with dark satire. Ralph Fiennes, Anya Taylor-Joy, Nicholas Hoult and John Leguizamo round up the cast. I didn't find it as well written as their streaming hit series though, nor were the characters anywhere as deep or interesting as the Roy family. It's too easy to have a laugh at these obnoxious characters with little finesse to the whole experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom