Which Films have you seen lately? Number K'. Someone was spreading lies about Joseph 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma; Logan; Ford v Ferrari; the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny) is in "very early talks" to direct Swamp Thing for the new 'DCU' under James Gunn. I would not mind that at all. I think I've liked just about everything of his that I've seen (though, have to admit, I have no memory at all of Girl, Interrupted, other than the fact that I saw it).

Oh, Indiana Jones! When's that supposed to come out?

Otherwise, hmm-mmm, Sundance! It did give us Little Miss Sunshine.

Oh, Indiana Jones! When's that supposed to come out?
I had next to no interest in it until I learned that Mangold is directing it and Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Mads Mikkelsen are going to be in it. Now it's been elevated from "maybe I'll watch it someday", to "I'll definitely watch it when it hits a streaming service that I already subscribe to."

Don't believe I ever mentioned this one here, since I saw it well before I started perusing OT. If ya want a good Mads movie, I highly recommend After The Wedding (2006). Just a really great and affecting drama, superbly directed.

Also, The Hunt (2012) is most recommended.

Don't believe I ever mentioned this one here, since I saw it well before I started perusing OT. If ya want a good Mads movie, I highly recommend After The Wedding (2006). Just a really great and affecting drama, superbly directed.

Also, The Hunt (2012) is most recommended.

If they say even in the trailer, that he is innocent, what's the point of watching the movie? ^^

If they say even in the trailer, that he is innocent, what's the point of watching the movie? ^^
Because the movie is not a mystery, it's more about how it is handled and how it affects his life.

@EvaDK how does Mikkelsen manage to get all of Denmark's Hollywood participation?
Well, I mean, there's only 25 people in Denmark, so what're we supposed to do? :p

Seriously, though, there's also Connie Nielsen and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. I don't know if Denmark still claims Viggo Mortesen, but I wouldn't object if they did. Claes Bang is on a nice little run the past few years, but mainly in the UK, I think, rather than N. America.

There've been a handful of Danes who were in a small number American productions, or even just one, but seem to mainly work in Europe. I'm not sure if they couldn't find more work here, or they just didn't like it (that happens sometimes - Chow Yun Fat, for example, probably could have kept making American movies, but he didn't like H'wood). I thought Ibn Hjelje was great in High Fidelity. Fans of Killing Eve will surely remember Kim Bodnia. Sidse Babbett Knudsen was in one of those Tom Hanks movies based on a Dan Brown book, that are all the same. Fans of '80s action movies will likely recognize Sven-Ole Thorsen and Brigitte Nielsen, even if the names don't ring a bell.

Somebody spends way to much time messing around with movies and TV shows. They should probably take up sculling on the Charles. :p

Rewatching:

1675450145265.png

The problem is that it is very superficially linked to Lovecraft. Generally an unintended parody of Lovecraft.

I watched after the Wedding @lymond
Good stuff, but it reminded me why i rather watch Horror than Drama..they are just too sad :lol:
There was one thing that threw me off a bit
Spoiler :
Mixing such a common issue like cheating (even if that was particularly bad after marriage) with all the really dramatic topics, especially when Jörgen dying just came out. And the Indian peoples and kids.

Upgrade (2018). A critically-injured man gets a bionic implant that gives him enhanced strength and lightning reflexes. It all goes swimmingly, absolutely nothing bad happens, nobody gets hurt, and they all live happily ever after, The End. ;) It reminded me a little bit of The Crow. Good action scenes. Compound fractures don't bother you, do they? :twitch: The director, Leigh Whannel, also did The Invisible Man (2020) with Elizabeth Moss, another very relaxing movie in which nothing alarming happens. :shifty:

How can you see it? It's invisible!

Upgrade was def good...saw it a coupla years ago...yes, very happy ending

Wakanda Forever - Pretty good. It stayed away from a lot of the usual superhero tropes, Namor was a good villain, and Angela Basset was awesome. The third act did go off the rails though.

Too bad they never got it right in the reboots......

Those were my favorite movies as a kid. I thought Shedder was the baddest, scariest dude around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom