Which Films have you seen lately? Number K'. Someone was spreading lies about Joseph 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I watched The Matrix Resurrections. It was better and funnier than I expected and had one thing I expected for a sequel.
Spoiler :
How there are machines who rebel against the system and have joined the humans and together help to build a better society.

How is that possible, when they have to use humans as batteries so as to lose roughly 3/4 of the energy they pour into them ^^

Spoiler :
In The Matrix, Morpheus explains how the energy generated by humans is "combined with a form of fusion".

In The Matrix Reloaded, the Architect mentions that the machines can find other sources of energy if needed.

The Matrix Resurrections has Niobe explain that after the events of The Matrix Revolutions, an energy crisis leads to a machine civil war. Later, a new character called the Analyst explains that he created a new Matrix and that by manipulating the emotions of humans, especially what he says is the secret desire of all humans to feel hopeless, that this new Matrix is now far more productive than the old version.

A Most Violent Year (2014) and God's Country (2022) were both good, although I didn't really connect with any of the characters in either movie.

The problem wasn't with diversifying sources of energy, but with humans not being a source of energy regardless what you do (=>takes more to keep them alive than any output, they aren't a perpetual machine let alone a perpetual surplus machine).

How is that possible, when they have to use humans as batteries so as to lose roughly 3/4 of the energy they pour into them ^^
It's TBH a very stupid idea. Using any animal as energy generator is a waste of energy. Plants are more effective, or photo/chemotrophic bacteria. And plants scale a lot better than humans too.
Not that you should necessarily start there criticizing a science fiction movie for being unrealistic...

It's TBH a very stupid idea. Using any animal as energy generator is a waste of energy. Plants are more effective, or photo/chemotrophic bacteria. And plants scale a lot better than humans too.
Not that you should necessarily start there criticizing a science fiction movie for being unrealistic...
:lol: Exactly, It's sci fi and nothing about it has the least relevance to the actual world. There is certainly no need to explain how made up tech works. I don't recall anyone arguing about how the red and blue pills work their "magic".

Why is anyone still getting hung up on the "human battery" plot-point? Not only is it not what the Wachoskis originally scripted, the only "source" of that explanation is Morpheus, who has already admitted in that same conversation with Neo that he is an unreliable narrator with incomplete knowledge -- which is then more than amply demonstrated in Reloaded (at least, for anyone who actually managed to listen to the Architect's speech without zoning out).

anyone who actually managed to listen to the Architect's speech without zoning out
It's the most important and somehow also most boring part of the entire trilogy.

Why is anyone still getting hung up on the "human battery" plot-point? Not only is it not what the Wachoskis originally scripted, the only "source" of that explanation is Morpheus, who has already admitted in that same conversation with Neo that he is an unreliable narrator with incomplete knowledge -- which is then more than amply demonstrated in Reloaded (at least, for anyone who actually managed to listen to the Architect's speech without zoning out).
No one should listen to the architect, that was a lowlight even in a movie of the level of Reloaded ^^

I have to admit, I have almost no memory of the Matrix sequels, including the recent one.

I have yet to watch Resurrections, but still.

Bautista is doing great as an actor... He actually gives memorable and deep performances.

1675783615243.png

Unlike that Rock guy.

Watch Knock at the Cabin ( @Fippy , @EgonSpengler etc)

although
Spoiler :
I'd prefer if it was a convoluted scam with a few Kyrilov characters; the supernatural angle did nothing for me. But the rest is nice, and Bautista is AWESOME ;)

Last edited:
Seen since ... Christmas(?)

Not necessarily in this order, list may be incomplete, your mileage may vary, please refer to the terms and conditions, and consult with your physician regarding possible side-effects

Sucker Punch. When it wasn't boring, it was kinda distasteful. Dunno why I even bothered (well I do, but it wasn't really that, either...)

The Woman King. Good movie, but (apparently, per Wiki) poor history. Watch it like Gladiator in W.Africa, and it works

Heat (rewatch). Suggested this for a family evening, but it wasss sooo muuuuch sloooower thaaaan IIIII reeememberrrrred. Both boys walked out in disgust at the lack of 'action' — ironically, about 5 minutes before the kineticam 20-minute street-shootout started. Plus Al Pacino chewing scenery is always fun...

Day Shift. Daft, but kinda fun

Léon (aka Leon The Professional) (rewatch; but think this might have been the extended version, since it included a couple of "training-montage" scenes I didn't remember). Watched this because I discovered that my wife had never seen it. The 'romance' between Leon and Matilda skated about —>||<— close to icky, but it's clear that Besson knew where to draw the line. Plus Gary Oldman chewing scenery is always fun ;)

Blackfish (docu). An apparently well-earned hit-job on Sea World and its performing-orca program

Wakanda Forever. Good but not great, and also hard to see where/ how/ why it fits in to the MCU to date (Are we on Phase V yet? I've lost track. Or possibly interest)

Chasing Corals (docu). Should be downright scary, for anyone who's hoping the planet stays habitable

Leon The Professional firmly sits on my most overrated movies list
Does the lack of Mads Mikkelsen really matter that much? (yes, I know that you're not EvaDK. But it's the only reason why people miiight dislike such an awesome film.)

Posting seriously now, yes, I understand you.

The unrealistic stuff, well, it's for an action film. As a fan of Jackie Chan films I can suspend my disbelief.

I can get why the relationship between Matilda and Leon can be seen as problematic. I always saw that as it not being sexual at least on his part, but -as tjs282 says- it thankfully stops just short, especially on her side. I suppose it's a matter of personal and/or cultural sensibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom