Which galley sinks?

Delphi456

Prince
If I have two galleys stacked on a square, one is filled with units, the other is empty, which one will get attacked first, assuming both are fully healed veterans? Or is it a crap shoot.

I need to transport an army across the sea and don't want to lose it.

Here is a tip: put your units in a regular Galley, guard it with veteran or elite Galleys. The veterans/elites will be attacked first. The regular won't be attacked until it has more hitpoints than any other galley in the stack.

if you're talking about sinking in sea or ocean tiles because your galleys cannot yet navigate them safely, then, I believe it is random

if you're transporting units, and you're protecting from enemy ships, do what Overseer said before me
but in response, cant subs (even though they're in a different time era) perform a stealth attack and attack any unit they want in the stack?

Thanks Overseer.

Taras - I'm talking about getting attacked by another ship. I've just entered the IA, so subs are quite a ways off.

Army wont fit in a galley or caravel. You need a galleon or transport. Stack the galleons with a frigate or two for best results.

What you can do is transport the leader overseas in a galley to your city on the other continent and build the army there.

technically, you don't have to ship the leader, you can make him an army before shipping him, just don't load more than one unit on the army before putting it in the boat.

And galleys make terrible landing boats... it just takes too many to ship a proper amount of units and unless you want to lose a bunch, you'd better not be attacking across oceans (or even seas without the GLighthouse). Are you sure you can't just wait until you get galleons?

And galleys make terrible landing boats... it just takes too many to ship a proper amount of units and unless you want to lose a bunch, you'd better not be attacking across oceans (or even seas without the GLighthouse). Are you sure you can't just wait until you get galleons?

if its a real short distance and you have a few galleys to transport they come in real handy to drop 6 or so units off each turn

and they're good for bringing settlers across quicker, but that's about it

Since I'm well in control of the three other civs on my cont, I want to stop the Celts from running away on the other cont. They are a couple techs into the IA and already have riflemen. I have two empty armies I want to send across and load up with cavalry for pillaging. I need to keep them away from RP until I get it.

Top Bottom