Which GIT branch to play?

catacau

Chieftain
Hey guys i've been playing this awesome mod a lot recently and i want to know which is the recommended version to play it. Considering game stability and balance.

I've played the 1.14.5 but the vassal system get me a commerce bigger than 1k in my palace (when using the civic which gives me the +5 commerce in the capital per vassal city, forgot the name :rolleyes:) when i have a couple of vassal cities.

And also played the 1.14.4 but the wonders don't become obsolete so... pretty unbalanced.

So instead of testing the 1.14.3 (and trying to achieve UHV with all civs) i'm asking what's the best version?

I know the newer versions have some pretty awesome features (new tech tree and civics :goodjob:) but i'm looking for something more stable.

Right now, either 1.14.0 or develop.

Thanks for the reply, i assume the develop is a more recent version correct?

And thanks for your great work in this mod man :thumbsup:. Is really entertaining

Thanks!

Develop is the most current state of the mod, it is where I upload the newest changes. This can of course also introduce errors or bugs, so do so at your own risk. But if you don't like the state of 1.14.5, it's your best choice other than 1.14.0.

How do I know what each git version contains? Is there such a thing as a list attributing content to version numbers?

Last edited:
Read the commit log until the version tag you're interested in.

Can't seem to find the version number. We're talking about the commit log in the git repo, rigth?

Some of these commits are numbered (now around 155), and a cryptic version number seems to be generated, pending around 1.14.1...., but can't seem to track the association to the version numbers you work with. Point me to the obvious?

On the github page, click the button that by default says "branch: develop", switch to the "tags" menu and select your release. You can then click on the "xyz commits" statistic to get a list of all commits until that release.

Alright, found it. Now, why do you recommend 1.14.0 or 1.14.5? What about the versions in between?

The full version releases (i.e. 1.x.0) will always be more well rounded and better tested. It's where I try to fix issues and documentation until I continue with new features. The other extreme is develop where new features can be added regularly and the current state may contain bugs or be more prone to crashes.

The other releases are mostly for convenience for people who have ongoing games, e.g. if there is a significant break in compatibility I usually tag a release before publishing them. This way people can stick to the release and keep their saves compatible. Otherwise they are a nice tool to get some update since the last major version but not others you don't like or consider insufficiently tested. For example people can play with all changes after 1.14 but not with the new tech tree if they want.

Top Bottom