Which good players are switching to Beyond Earth?

klaskeren

Prince
I have not really played civ V for some months now, and i plan on switching completely to Beyond Earth once it comes out. In general im just excited that there is some new turn based strategy game to play competetively, who else are planning on leaving civ V behind and going beyond earth?

I will be making the switch, but I don't plan to stop playing Civ altogether. I imagine it will take some time for BE to be on par with BNW. I think I am like you and just mainly excited for a new turn based strategy game.

I'm not sure if/why it matters whether a switcher is "good" or not but I plan on playing a few games immediately.

I doubt it will be the case given they used the Civ5 engine and learned a lot from their mistakes, but IF Civ: BE is as bad as Civ5 was upon release, I'll be heading back to Civ5 in a hurry.

As I said, don't think that'll happen, though.

I expect the GotM/HoF (and generally civ5 forum) participation numbers to drop initially for the newness of it. How fast they may or may not recover will be interesting to follow. It always takes a few months for patches to fix things as well as maybe the first price drop on a Steam sale. I am not a 'buy it on release day' gamer. I always wait for the first patches/fixes to buy now that the industry standard is to 'rush to market and fix it later'. This usually coincides with the first 10-25% price drop on a Steam Sale to try to get people back.

At this point I'm not even buying it. It looks like it's purely just a re-skin of civ 5

I expect the GotM/HoF (and generally civ5 forum) participation numbers to drop initially for the newness of it. How fast they may or may not recover will be interesting to follow. It always takes a few months for patches to fix things as well as maybe the first price drop on a Steam sale. I am not a 'buy it on release day' gamer. I always wait for the first patches/fixes to buy now that the industry standard is to 'rush to market and fix it later'. This usually coincides with the first 10-25% price drop on a Steam Sale to try to get people back.

That's probably wise. I am not a "buy it on release day" gamer either, I think the only time I did so was with Civ5, and I got burned.

That said ... yeah, I'll probably do it again :).

I'm unlikely to get the game before it goes on sale, and so will probably stick around with Civ V for a while (possibly until we get Civ VI, if BE doesn't turn out to be as good as it seems).

I wont be buying it. Isn't it just civ with a sci-fi skin? It doesn't interest me.

I just pre ordered copies for all of you!

Nay Sayers!!!

Won't you be glad when you have the bonus super secret map pack thingy?!

I don't know. I never hang myself with a civ-spin off. On the other side, I'm looking on the side of civ online.

Wait and see.

I wont be buying it. Isn't it just civ with a sci-fi skin? It doesn't interest me.

I take it you've never played Alpha Centauri, then, eh? Must be a young'un! :D

I've been waiting for an Alpha Centauri sequel/reboot/whatever for a loooong time now...

I have absolutely no interest in it due to its sci-fi/futuristic themes. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game or does not have interesting gameplay elements.

Once it gets a price drop (and a patch or two) yes.

But funnily enough I've just ordered Endless Space.

I take it you've never played Alpha Centauri, then, eh? Must be a young'un! :D

I've been waiting for an Alpha Centauri sequel/reboot/whatever for a loooong time now...

No, but I did play Master of Orion. I'm pretty old.

I said the same thing about SMAC. I was a fairly well known Civ2 player, rather obsessive about that game, but I completely ignored SMAC due to its sci-fi/futuristic theme. It is simply a strong bias that I have but I do know how popular SMAC was among Civ2 players.

Good player or not, I'm not making the switch. I'm kinda disappointed since sci-fi don't interests me.
I'd rather play civ V in the ancient era the whole game.

I hope this won't affect any release of civ VI, since that really is what I want.

Top Bottom