Which gov for which strat

Rammstein

Barely hominid
I'm sure there already is one somewhere, but i can't find it. Did anyone ever write a comprehensive guide to governments (C3C)? I would like to read about which gov't to use for different strategies - I seem to get stuck on monarchy throughout my entire game, because I'm too chicken to switch into anything else.

Actually, I'd like a guide where the writer starts with specific strategies and then writes about what different gov'ts do to these strats. One strat for each victory condition.

Anyone? I would if I could.

this would be nice if somebody wrote it up, but it would have to be quite large.

As far as switching out of monarch, I would suggest your read the war academy article on war weariness, since in republic, you can fight moderately long wars without too much war weariness if you do it right.

Sulla's website is another great sourse of info. ;) . You can follow old games
of his and look at different strats! :scan:

Monarchy is actually pretty good if you are going heavy Warmonger. Once you get large you want to switch to Communism though

Republic is good for a moderate Warmonger (war is not your primary strategy, but you are planning some conquests/know you might have to risk a long defense 'reprisal war').. You have to be fairly well developed in the happiness department before you shift out of Monarchy (and your army size has to be well managed.)

Democracy is only good if you can maintain peace/Really short wars (good if you are reasonably powerful and going for a peaceful win..not planning on conquering anyone else, and are capable of scaring most empires from trying to conquer you) If you are religious, then you can switch into it during periods of peace and back to a more war oriented government when you end up with wars

Feudalism is good for a lot of small undeveloped cities, a semi-warmonger strategy of Mass units, (good if you are behind, lots of cities with only a few ancient era buildings pumping out nothing but low-tech units.. to help you catch up)

I haven't played with Fascism, but it seems like a slightly altered version of Monarchy for when you are trying to build up for a conquest (better for supporting/building an army, less effective for making use of newly conquered lands..which usually need to be starved out to start before becoming secure and productive)

Communism is what you will want to switch to once you have a massive empire (you are going for a domination or conquest win.. your core cities become less productive, but ALL cities become productive allowing a rapid utilization of conquered lands)

Maybe I'll go commie then. Thanks, I'll read up on Sulla's tips.

Democracy for war.
Communism/Fasicm if u r a builder.
Depotism if your doing both at once (?).
Republic for war.
Monarchy for peace time.
Feudalism if ur drunk.

Lampness said:
Democracy for war.
Communism/Fasicm if u r a builder.
Depotism if your doing both at once (?).
Republic for war.
Monarchy for peace time.
Feudalism if ur drunk.

you must be in Feudalism right now :mischief:

I've read through Sulla's tips, and they're very useful, for those who share my predicament.

Rammstein said:
I seem to get stuck on monarchy throughout my entire game, because I'm too chicken to switch into anything else.

One word, Dogma...

Think in terms of when you want to war monger. Then consider the fewest number of revolutions unless your religous.

Top Bottom