1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is better: Star Trek or Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The Condor, Dec 31, 2005.

?

Which is better?

1. Star Trek

27.3%
  2. Star Wars

58.0%
  3. I don't like either of them.

5.6%
  4. This is probably the dumbest poll of yours yet Condor!

9.1%
  1. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

Well.... Need I explain more? (Poll coming soon;)) I think Star Trek is better:D.

2. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

More entertaining: Star Wars. More realistic: Star Trek.

3. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

4. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

Star wars is so much cooler than Star trek and the only thing making me wanna watch star trek is .

5. Aramazd

Aramazd Deity

Star Wars. I hate Star Trek. I know some people who speak klingon and they need to get a life.

6. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

At Perf: Well that is like a year ago:p. Also, I can't nor ever tried to speak klingon;).

7. Riesstiu IV

Riesstiu IV Deity

Star Trek isn't much more realistic. What about the thousands of alien species that look nearly identical to humans except for some extra bridge above their nose or slightly different eyebrows? Not to mention that whenever star trek deals with time travel, it rarely makes much sense.

8. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

i hate star trek the only interasting thing about is a couple of years ago i figured out i could do the vulcan sybol on both hands and what do you mean star trek is realistic it's more realistic than star wars it being a countless number of years ago but they still have guns that shoot lasers and all. i mean star treck has that blind guy with the thing that helps him see, well today like three hundred years before when star treck happens we have better tec. that allows you to see a lot better than that and is less visible for one thing alsowhen they were making the origanal series the cast and crew predicted that in a couble of years the fake gadgets would be real tec. which many of them are today

9. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

10. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

i know what youre talking about with time travel like when some whone goes to the past and changes history and there worried every thing will change and it will not be fixed because if in that show they ecept time travel to be real you must ecept that each moment in time the past present and future are continually happening an infinite number of times which would mean ever things predetermined there would be know destiny and could suport or destroy the notion of god so it would bassically means times set in stone whoah my brian hurts

11. CivCube

CivCube Resist.

I was interested in both of them for a while, but ever since Voyager, Enterprise, and the prequels, both series suck.

I'll stick with Tolkien. ;)

12. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Star Trek, of course. Star Wars is a fairylate. Well, Star Trek is... oh damn, simply Star Trek rulez :D

13. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Star Wars wins hands down. The Imperial Navy can crush the Star Trek Star fleet any time.

14. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

No way! Crappy Star Wars ships don't stand a chance! ;)

15. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

Star Trek, by several thousand lightyears. I like the SW movies, and I'm glad their popularity bled over and helped Star Trek regain its footing after cancellation by NBC, but Star Wars is just entertainment to me. Trek means so much more.

16. Warman17

Warman17 NES Grandpa

Star Wars ships use lasers which are deflected by a Star Trek ship's navigational deflectors. They don't even need their shields up in order to take down a Star Destroyer!

17. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Yeah, but a quick trip to forum search woulda picked it up.

18. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Star Trek is a philosophy :goodjob:

19. North King

North King blech

Star Wars was always kinda cheezy plotwise. Of course, so was Star Trek. In fact, both were pretty stupid, but I'll go with... Star Wars, because discounting Voyager, I liked Star Wars music better.

20. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Deity

I do believe they explained this in the Next Generation, that way back when a master race (that looked even more generic than the human race) seeded the galaxy's planets with advanced life forms or something like that, and used themselves as a template. This nicely explains the similarities.

Of course, you Star Wars idiots wouldn't know that, because you can't be bothered to look anything up and need stupid bullfeathers fairy tale stories about knights and dark lords.

I remember every so often a Star Trek crew will encounter some primitive race that is hostile and still uses lasers, and the crew goes "hahahaha those won't even scratch our windows," the same lasers and turbolasers Star Wars uses.