1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is the LAST civilization you'll play as?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by TheSpaceCowboy, Oct 20, 2016.

1. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Every nation is a colony of people from other places if you go back far enough.

Denkt likes this.
  2. Denkt

Denkt Reader

That is correct:thumbsup:

I have never understod why people seems to hate america and brazil:sad:

It is pretty much like the pureblood families dislike the muggle born people in the harry potter books:sad:

3. treadwin

treadwin Warlord

France, unless they get a new leader. Can't live with the romance novel version of Catherine.

4. rpgalon

rpgalon Warlord

They don't like new toys, only old stuff. So much hate over Brazil being in the game hahahaha.

Denkt likes this.
  5. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Prince

It's more America, actually. Which is old for the game (and long a sore point), not new. Your rationale does not apply.

And no,
    this is NOT correct. Migration is not the same as colonization. Colonies have legal obligations to their homelands. Tribal migrations do not.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

You're absolutley right I'm upset Brazil is in the base game! need a South American civ? Inca is the first thing that comes to mind, not Brazil. the Inca are far more interesting in every way I can think of. #Hurt #needmymountainpeople #firstdlcplease

7. primovinny

primovinny Chieftain

I don't quite get what's your grip with Brazil. It was one of the strongest navies of the XIX century, with some ships that were overall better than the strongest one at the time, the british navy. The importance of brazilian navy is what made Brazil a portuguese country and not a french or dutch country. The only other country where I imagine have a history of a strong navy is England, and they are represented with that in the game. For being a highly populated the number of exceptional people is large, and such things is what the bonuses are about (you may imply that great persons mean higher culture, which isn't the only possible way). The last thing is the Carnival building, which I can't see anyone complaining about. I agree with you on the rainforest thing, I imagine they just took the largest rainforest in the world and though "they built nice things with the forest near, let's make a bonus for having it near the cities". Overall, the Brazil civ in here is better than in Civ V.

As for the topic, I will start with Egypt. Although not so much right now, but Wonders Builders is a niche I like.

8. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

USA, not really a civ in my book, Teddy seems ok but the airplane and the cavalry thing kind of meh. Brazil atleas seems fun to play...

9. ScorpionTDC

ScorpionTDC Chieftain

Huh? The U.S. has had a fairly major influence on recent history

That said... Probably England or the U.S. They seem to be two of the more vanilla/standard/less specialized Civs

10. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

Probably Brazil--I didn't love the design in Civ V, and Civ VI seems to just be more of the same.

Of course, I plan to play my first game with a random Civ, so maybe I'll get them :)

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Most likely Brazil which I find strange to be in the vanilla game anyways. Scythia isn't high on my list either.

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I will play many, many games as random until I choose a civ. The last one I'd choose is Gorgo though.

13. mdm

mdm Warlord

I can't tell which sounds more lame, America or England, but I think England takes the crown.

14. BornInTheLoo

BornInTheLoo Warlord

Yeah, ridiculous. Imagine them going for a cultural victory, where the whole world listens to their music and wear their blue jeans.

15. beorn

beorn Prince

Scythia, Spain, and Norway all look like good AI opponents, but I doubt I'll be playing them any time soon.

16. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

Sure we listen to their pop music now, but will they stand the test of time? We will read the epic of gilgamesh 5 000 years after it was written, will we still read the McDonald's menu in 5000 years? :lol:

OK im trolling a bit. Sure they deserve a place but it feels more weird to see USA in 2000 BC than Sumeria in 2000 AD, since Sumeria could have survived but USA could never have arised in the stone age.

17. GhostSalsa

GhostSalsa Emperor

Brazil?? Having an [ostensibly] dominating late game unit without focusing on science opens up some aggressively off-kilter play styles, moreso than many other civs' entire unique lists. And a flat bonus to great people is as flexible as a free policy is, if a little less strong.

My last play will be for Arabia, which is like a less interesting Brazil..

18. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Brazil... not into modern era civs.

19. ptoss1

ptoss1 King

England or America problably.

20. Slayan

Slayan Warlord

I don't think I'll play as India