Which is the strongest UU in CiV?

We don't know the stats for all the UUs. How could we possibly make any kind of intelligent comment here?

The Babylonian UU.

:think:

What's the Panzer and the Iroquois one do?

The Janissary will be pretty powerful, it heals all damage after winning a battle.

Indeed, that one sounds like fun. Weaken enemy units from range, then send in insta-healing janissaries to finish the job.

Egyptian war chariots could be quite nasty. They don't need horses to be built, so you can pretty much spam them (maintenance permitting).

Ok, not a UU: Japan does sound quite usefull with their Bushido trait. All units always fight like at full health, i.e. with 100% strength.

Or the Atzecs, getting culture for every enemy unit killed. Although it depends how many battles there will be under the new system and their scale. We surely won't see two 100+SoDs meeting on the field for heaps of culture.

Out of the units so far, i'd say the war chariot, 5 movement ranged unit with no resource cost, daddy want some!

I'm guessing it'll be the roman legion or ballista, just because the civilization games always seem to favor the romans.

The companion cavalry also looks pretty good though- 5 move 14 strength, compared to 4/12 for the regular horseman.

thats where your wrong, i would post a picture to prove it, but i don't have access to that picture at the moment.

Are you guys crazy, the Siamese Narusan Elephant is obviously the best of the ones known to us so far. At the expense of one movement point, it goes from 18 strength to 22 strength with a bonus against already inferior mounted units. Presumably it is also resource-less, making so that it could be spammed ('cepting upkeep cost).

Cho-Ko-Nu's and Longbowmen seem like fun, the former being able to use their range attack twice and the latter being able to attack from 3 hexes, safely away from most other unit's movement ranges and city bombardment (in addition to their slight strength boost).

The Arab's also seem like cool to me because i like ranged attacks, but by far wouldn't be the "strongest"

Sipahi sound pretty powerful as well. 5 move unit that can pillage without using movement points. You could quickly charge in and pillage luxury resources plunging your opponent into unhappiness (which above a certain level affects units). And improvements can't be as quickly repaired as in Civ4 because you can only use one worker per hex. Might be worth keeping a few of them around even after Cavalry.

nauressan elaphant, aint all that, it prevents you from building knights (which are anti-ranged units) and allows you to build another slow anti-horse/melee unit.

The elephant seems pretty much replaces the need to have pikeman in your armies, at the expense of not having a decent mounted unit for proper mounted combat.

altho i agree that the cho-ku-nop and longbowman (assuming your right on that, i haven't seen that info yet) are both very useful.

Overall i think all uu's have thier place, and are all powerful.

Are you guys crazy, the Siamese Narusan Elephant is obviously the best of the ones known to us so far. At the expense of one movement point, it goes from 18 strength to 22 strength with a bonus against already inferior mounted units. Presumably it is also resource-less, making so that it could be spammed ('cepting upkeep cost).

Cho-Ko-Nu's and Longbowmen seem like fun, the former being able to use their range attack twice and the latter being able to attack from 3 hexes, safely away from most other unit's movement ranges and city bombardment (in addition to their slight strength boost).

The Arab's also seem like cool to me because i like ranged attacks, but by far wouldn't be the "strongest"

There was some suggestion that unit abilities would merge with the city when you garrison the unit. That would be rather interesting with Cho-Ko-Nu's, double city bombardment.

edit- i didn't realize chariots have a ranged attack! That's cool. And probably very powerful.

Here are the stats:

Chariot Archer

Movement: 4; Strength: 3; Ranged Strength: 6; Range: 2, Cost: 60; Requires Resource: Horses
Technology: The Wheel
Notes: Chariot Archers suffer a movement penalty entering "rough" terrain (hills, forest, jungle) without a road, and are vulnerable to Spearmen.

War Chariot

Movement: 5; Strength 3; Ranged Strength: 6; Range: 2; Cost: 60; Requires Resource: none
Technology: The Wheel
Notes: Egyptian Unique Unit; replaces Chariot Archer. It is faster than the normal chariot, and doesn't require Horse resources.

All known facts on civ V can be found at:

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

no he's right we don't know them all, we know a fair number, but the information is incomplete and theres no gaurantee of it staing the same come launch day. Although having said that, there can still be some discussion on the matter.

Top Bottom