Votes: 32 50.0%
  • They are both awful.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up giving my vote to fascism, for several reasons. When there is not a big difference in what happened in real life (both did very bad things), you can look at it at the ideological level. And now we see that even in the ideological level, fascism is "bad": killing people and discriminating them is part of the ideology, while in communism the main goal is people's happiness. That's why I would consider fascism worse.

Which is, Ironically, why I find communism worse, because Fascism is an honest murderer, whereas Communism is a wolfin sheep's clothes.

Seems like someone "adjusted" the poll. :D ;)

My word! 15 for Fascism while only 1 for Communism! The philosophy that killed so many milions more, have been an utter disaster in every country that assumed it, and is still taken seriously by many of the more educated countries in this world? This speaks volumes about the kind of people in this forum, I'm afriad.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the fact that facism is associated with militarism and nazism. Many more countries have been affected by fascism's desire to conquer and dominate than communism. You cant blame people for feeling tha facsism is worse because of its global impact in the 20th century. Facism plunged the world into war for 6 yrs. Communism cant make that claim.

Communism plunged the world into a cold war for 50 years.

Originally posted by nixon

Fascism plunged the world into a hot one for 6, and if you count the Sino-Japanese war (as many do), then 13.

You can just as aptly argue from the other side of the hill - if being hours away from setting the world ablaze with nuclear annihilation, spanning over hours, is more preferable than a rather slowly evolving conventional world war (WWII). And perhaps you know the reason why the 50 years I was talking about, were called "World War III"? There are indeed viable reasons for that posture.

Nixon - I ask you, what is your take on the fact that there are now 16 votes for Fascism but only 1 for Communism? I do not quite understand this great disparity.

Because no one can effectively argue a convincing difference between Fascism and Nazism, that would sort of "convince" the Main Street person the equal grossness of both ideologies, and thus commeasure the placement of which of them is worse. I'm sure you're all too familiar with the sentiments toward Nazism.

Originally posted by nixon

Communism v capitalism was just an excuse for 2 superpowers to face off.

Why an excuse? Why not the reason?

So your argument is that if it wasn't for those opposing political systems, Russia and America would not have vied for influence in the world?

No, I didn't say that. It is natural, even for nations with common ideologies, to vie for influence in the world - look at the EU and America, for example.

Certainly, having two opposing political systems, with a never-ending struggle for industrial and military superiority (both with the world's natural resources almost split up between them), is NOT, and I repeat, NOT the way to get along with each other in the world. That is, IMO, begging for trouble. But it's an irreversible process, once it's going.

On the other hand, there are many other reasons why the Soviet Union and the United States clashed, namely WWII.

Whats the difference between Facism and Communism

Originally posted by Vote BNP
My word! 15 for Fascism while only 1 for Communism! The philosophy that killed so many milions more, have been an utter disaster in every country that assumed it, and is still taken seriously by many of the more educated countries in this world? This speaks volumes about the kind of people in this forum, I'm afriad.
Actualy right now it is 1 for Comunism 17 Facism but thats ok :rolleyes:

Whats the difference between Facism and Communism

In short: Communism is the idea of removing the gap between the proletarians and the bourgoisie, i.e. the working class and the upper class.
It aims for social justice, freedom, peace and solidarity of all people all around the world.
Facism does have similar goals, namely the improvement of people's conditions and equality of people, but only on national basis, and it doesn't exclude violence for achieving its means.

Now, on political basis, these two weren't that different. Both regimes tortured and murdered when people didn't support them.
The problem is, that those states who claimed to be facist really were, while those who claimed to be communist, weren't.

Crappy summary, Herr.

Moderator Action: Pls refrain from referring to other posters' summary/opinion as 'crappy' - they're entitled to theirs, as you're to yours. Thanks. - XIII
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

As usual, the same old "that wasn't communism!" argument.

OK, have you read the Communist Manifesto? I have.

Crappy summary, Herr.

Give a better one, man.

I HAVE NOT DENIED THE CRIMES OF THE REGIMES OF THE USSR, PRC, DRK, VIETNAM, OR ANY OTHER ONE INCLUDING CUBA. THESE WERE AND ARE CRIMINAL REGIMES, TO AN EXTENT EVEN CUBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom