1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is your favourite era of the game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Mount Suribachi, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Which is your favourite era?

1. Ancient

19 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Classical

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Medieval

13 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Renaissance

15 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Industrial

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. Modern

12 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. Don't have one

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Bjarkov

Bjarkov Chieftain

Classic. First siege units join the warfare, Alphabet backfills outdated techs and teching from here becomes a matter of acquiring trade goods to keep pace while the military units of the era helps you pull ahead. A fine time to accumulate advantage

2. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Edjumacated Idjit

It's pretty much a tossup for me between Renaissance and Industrial. I voted Renaissance because that's when the first really good naval units come.

3. Robert FIN

Robert FIN Monty n' Roll

It was ancient or classical for me but I decided to go for classical. I like the early game really much. I find classical era the most interesting era in history too so it keeps the game interesting.

4. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

MODERN! I love the music and it's the era I've least played as I stop the game at half or so eventually, so it gives yet now the taste of new.

5. civfanchambers

civfanchambers Prince

I have no favorite era. I enjoy all of the eras, though most games are finished before the modern era. Depending upon map size most of my games end either in the Renaissance or Industrial era.

6. cain3456

cain3456 Prince

Industrial. Gimme my tanks!

7. Standish

Standish Chieftain

Totally industrial. WWI is my favorite time period and this is the closest to it.

8. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

Jumping on the industrial wagon / train / tank / youknowwhatimean :)
    I like the first eras too, though been playing them to death by now, the industrial and modern eras (in a good game where the AI doesnt runaround with bows), are just more "worldy" with great diplomacy and cool units.